·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the air stem valve for on the pump block? :confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
If I'm wrong someone correct me but I do believe its to add air pressure to your block to prevent vacuum in your tanks. The more fluid that is mechanicly removed the more vacuum is caused and the harder your pump has to work. When pressurizing your block you compensate for the removal of the fluid, thus relieving vacuum from the tank.

That information is from
"THE SCIENCE OF HYDRAULIC SUSPENSIONS"

·
Registered
480 Posts
That sounds about right!!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by beyondstockcav@Jul 31 2005, 04:19 PM
If I'm wrong someone correct me but I do believe its to add air pressure to your block to prevent vacuum in your tanks.  The more fluid that is mechanicly removed the more vacuum is caused and the harder your pump has to work.  When pressurizing your block you compensate for the removal of the fluid, thus relieving vacuum from the tank.

That information is from
[snapback]3515453[/snapback]​

wouldn't a breather tank plug correct this, like a breather oil cap for the motor????

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah that would work too.... but... A one way check valve will do the trick also.... allowing you to keep air circulating without the mess.... But just add between 10-30 psi to the block through the valve stem... that will do the trick.

To give you a better understanding, its like sucking on a cup the more air you suck out the harder you have to suck to keep it coming... LMFAO yeah anyhow you should get the idea of how it works... with pressure added it helps the process

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by beyondstockcav@Jul 31 2005, 03:19 PM
If I'm wrong someone correct me but I do believe its to add air pressure to your block to prevent vacuum in your tanks.  The more fluid that is mechanicly removed the more vacuum is caused and the harder your pump has to work.  When pressurizing your block you compensate for the removal of the fluid, thus relieving vacuum from the tank.

That information is from
[snapback]3515453[/snapback]​

hahahahaha

Thats too funny, 'cause as I was reading it, I was thinking, damn, thats what I would say... :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
do not add air to it. youll get problems you dont want. if you want pressure, pull the plug off the tank, then lide the car. oce raised, teflon the plug and put it back, then dump it

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 1 2005, 12:11 AM
do not add air to it.  youll get problems you dont want. if you want pressure, pull the plug off the tank, then lide the car. oce raised, teflon the plug and put it back, then dump it
[snapback]3518190[/snapback]​

10-15psi wont hurt by any means... It will actually help. And Juggalo is right, the best method is simply removing the plug, lock up the car, and teflon the plug in :biggrin:

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Aug 1 2005, 08:27 AM
10-15psi wont hurt by any means...  It will actually help.  And Juggalo is right, the best method is simply removing the plug, lock up the car, and teflon the plug in  :biggrin:
[snapback]3519751[/snapback]​
damn! i need to start proof reading! yeah, what volv-lo said-haha

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The only dumb question, Is the one you didnt ask. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks this helps alot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts