LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled dumps apart cleand but didnt help when i hit juice dumps dont work its like once it gets some pressure on it it stops working??????????????? getting correct voltage to dumps its not electrical. i gave it some power appart it was clicking but nothing moving inside of it??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whats wrong with it are the dumps bad or could it be somthing else am i missing somthing????? please help if ya have any suggestions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am new to this i bought the car off some one they used it a hopper just to bounce as high as he could go what is the advantage to slowdowns actualy what do they do for the car??? realy need to address the dump problem first though

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Ok the slow down is just what it sounds like. It is a valve that makes it so you can adjust how fast the car drops.

Now as for your dumps. When you put the dump (cartridge) into the dump block (aluminum part) dont over tighten them.

I usually screw mine in by hand till they are tight, then I get a wrench and only turn them another 3/4 turn.

If you over tighten them you can distort the dump and it wont be able to work correctly.

Just a thought for you :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya they are tight you mean to theplumbing right. I can relaese all the pressure in line and hit dumps you can hear them clicking but as soon as i hit the juce it mooves a little about .5 inch then stops wont dump or pump moter is running getting power to dumps and has magnatisem???? how do you tell if a dump is bad??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no only about an inch then stops wont dump after that i crack line releave pressure drops then tighten line back up hit switch and moves about half an inch stops ?? whats your yahoo id

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by zacfrd@Jan 11 2004, 09:04 PM
no only about an inch then stops wont dump after that i crack line releave pressure drops then tighten line back up hit switch and moves about half an inch stops ?? whats your yahoo id
I yahoo'd you.....

chopper38

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by zacfrd@Jan 11 2004, 09:04 PM
Check valve backwards?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Did the system work one day, and then the next day it didnt work?

Or did you take everything apart clean it then put it back togeather?

And I yahoo'd you again. You can IM me now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no i bought it with this problem i had to replace a pump moter and just got it in now got back end hopping but still having problems with front i have never done this before so i dont know what to look for

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Ok what you need to figure out is, why is the vehicle not coming up?

Dont worry about the dumps right now. All the dump does is alw the car to come back down.

If it is not lifting, you could have a backwards check valve, or you could have a bad pumphead seal and or pumphead.

Is the motor on the pump thats not working any good?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
moters seem to be running fine but dont the dumps hold the pressure in the line? neither front is working i have a 3 pump system 1 rear works fine 2 fronts moters are running good i have some pisc but setup real ugly so dont laugh i have to redoo whole trunk area but want to make sure i have everything in working order first ya know cruzin season just around the corner

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by zacfrd@Jan 11 2004, 11:18 PM
moters seem to be running fine but dont the dumps hold the pressure in the line? neither front is working i have a 3 pump system 1 rear works fine 2 fronts moters are running good i have some pisc but setup real ugly so dont laugh i have to redoo whole trunk area but want to make sure i have everything in working order first ya know cruzin season just around the corner
Post up your pic's so we know what you are working with.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
i had that prob once(or twice)i had a bad noid letting a little power there ;)

dose it make a grinding noise when you lift it up???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts