LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any 1 ever used 3 dumps on the front lets say 2 for side 2 side and then 1 for hopping any 1 know a way to plumb this???

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
never heard of it but it sounds like if theres one to each corner and then one for hopping....sounds like you'll actually run into restriction & slowing down of pressure.
Nope, can't say I've, or anybody, has heard that one.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Here's a diagram I made... Of course you wouldn't run it to look this way, it is just layed out this way so you can see how it is plumbed.

I think its a good idea, and I can see why people would want to do this. BUT I can also see why people want to run a conventional 1 or to dump per pump config.

I would wire up the two dumps the same as you would normally, and wire the single to a hopping switch! :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Oct 1 2003, 10:09 PM
Yeah I've seen dancers that run deltas for side to side moves. Then an adex for monster hopping all plumbed together. I'm guessing there is a switch that is used for just hopping so the adex is used only for that
So you heard of it thats exactly what i wanna do u know how would have more info on this

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by vwlownslo@Oct 2 2003, 12:23 AM
Here's a diagram I made... Of course you wouldn't run it to look this way, it is just layed out this way so you can see how it is plumbed.

I think its a good idea, and I can see why people would want to do this. BUT I can also see why people want to run a conventional 1 or to dump per pump config.

I would wire up the two dumps the same as you would normally, and wire the single to a hopping switch! :)

That's a pretty accurate diagram. For those thinking of trying it though, there's only one check; it's the first black box out of the pressure port.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Oct 2 2003, 08:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Oct 2 2003, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vwlownslo@Oct 2 2003, 12:23 AM

That's a pretty accurate diagram. For those thinking of trying it though, there's only one check; it's the first black box out of the pressure port.[/b][/quote]
How they showen the 2 pressure lines comin from 1 dump

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by $Bigg Money$+Oct 2 2003, 03:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ($Bigg Money$ @ Oct 2 2003, 03:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2003, 08:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--vwlownslo
@Oct 2 2003, 12:23 AM

That's a pretty accurate diagram. For those thinking of trying it though, there's only one check; it's the first black box out of the pressure port.
How they showen the 2 pressure lines comin from 1 dump[/b][/quote]
They're going through the N.O. (normally open) ports on the valve, so it doesn't matter that they're running through the same dump. The fluid is going to bypass the dump anyway when you're hitting a switch. The entire front end will raise and you'll only be able to dump independently; just like a typical set-up. If you want individual up AND down, you'll have to go to four dumps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd+Oct 2 2003, 07:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edmunds costoms hyd @ Oct 2 2003, 07:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pelon@Oct 2 2003, 05:55 PM
here i fixed it for ya...
you still need 2 more check valves by the third dump[/b][/quote]
oops :biggrin:

·
Registered
369 Posts
it still wont work... you have to have 2 more checks on the single dump only letting fluid go into it but not out of either side. without those 2 checkvalves you cannot let one side of the car down at a time... thuss elimination the idea of having 3 freeflow dumps.... so you only need one check coming straight out of the pressure port and one on each side of the main dump ,, both of them letting fluid inside of the dump, but not out.. you only need this to equalize the pressure on each side of the plumbing to extend both cylinders.and when you open the main valve to let the whole front end down the checks will allow the fluid to excape the cylinder lines and go through the dump valve you just opened up back into the tank....

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Yeah, I think that drawing is bullshit.... Theres fitting in the wrong places...
Once the fluid comes out, it hits what looks like a Y Block or fitting & hits a T fitting. There it can go straight or turn (if the dump is open). If the first dump isn't open the fluid goes straight into another T fitting that has no regulation. In other words, the fluid won't be controlled by the middle dump.
Now, if the first dumps do open, all that happens is the fluid goes into the return port....WTF... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 2 2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I think that drawing is bullshit.... Theres fitting in the wrong places...
Once the fluid comes out, it hits what looks like a Y Block or fitting & hits a T fitting. There it can go straight or turn (if the dump is open). If the first dump isn't open the fluid goes straight into another T fitting that has no regulation. In other words, the fluid won't be controlled by the middle dump.
Now, if the first dumps do open, all that happens is the fluid goes into the return port....WTF... :thumbsdown:
i appriciate it....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts