LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one of my pumps the dumps work about like shit right now. when I try to dump the car the car goes down really slowly. I am running the dumps at 12V... is that right.? and is it possible that the ground connection or the hot feed is to weak? let me know

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
you should be running your dumps at 24 volts... that's the voltage that should be going through your switches...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
allright. that makes sense. But the thing is the dumps used to work how come they arent now. Is it possible I fucked em up using too little?

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
you also have to take into consideration the outside temp. sometimes, when it's cold, the dumps don't work the same... try openeing your slowdown a little and see if that helps.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My slow down is all the way open...... so you guys never have trouble with your dump grounds? they dont need exelent connections.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its allmost like the dump is only opening like 1/4 the amount it is suposed to. and it happend while I was fucking with it. You see I got the car I have from some one else so I am trying to work threw it and fix what is allready wrong/

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by hoemey@Nov 12 2003, 06:19 PM
On one of my pumps the dumps work about like shit right now. when I try to dump the car the car goes down really slowly. I am running the dumps at 12V... is that right.? and is it possible that the ground connection or the hot feed is to weak? let me know
the dumps worked better befre when you tried it because .. the one batt that the soleniods was on was @12 volts ... as you open more dumps at the same time or over a period of time of pumpin and dumping you got less than 12 volts in that single battery ..going to the dump right?

if you set up to the 24 volt on the dumps you can still lift and dump only your lift gets slower (as batts drain) ... till you can get back to the charger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts