LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Oct 12 2003, 10:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Oct 12 2003, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lukedogg@Oct 12 2003, 11:08 AM
no it is just silver. it doesnt have any shine and it was dry when i touched it.
if it was just silver, what did you excpect?? blue?[/b][/quote]
the name of the paint is silver, I said this cuz you thought I was talkin about chrome and I was correcting you. it is not silver when I spray it. I was wondering if I need a base coat for it to show up right.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg+Oct 12 2003, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lukedogg @ Oct 12 2003, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2003, 10:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--lukedogg
@Oct 12 2003, 11:08 AM
no it is just silver. it doesnt have any shine and it was dry when i touched it.

if it was just silver, what did you excpect?? blue?
the name of the paint is silver, I said this cuz you thought I was talkin about chrome and I was correcting you. it is not silver when I spray it. I was wondering if I need a base coat for it to show up right.[/b][/quote]
well what color is it when you shoot it?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
not sure exactly what its looking like from over here but you're going to need a good 2-3 on it and might need to glosscoat it before it will look like its supposed to. some of the duplicolor stuff is a basecoat/clearcoat laquer system. meaning you have to prime, put your color, and clear. and if you happened to grab one of those types of paint then yes,...... it will look like hell until cleared.

like i said, its kinda hard to tell through a computer but that is one possibility. ;)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put on a second coat and it looks a little better. I think Ill put oin one more coat and then clear it I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts