LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will candy basecoats fade bad like real candy? can it be touched up? will it magnify scatches and shit bad? i want kbc, but will drive my car a lot, but it's not a daily. is it as durable as a regular base/clear?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
KBC is perfect for a daily.........it does not fade as quick as candy, and repairs are allot easer to colorblend.........and it still looks bad ass :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
does it spray just like a regular basecoat/clearcoat?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Aug 24 2005, 05:17 PM~3685073
KBC is perfect for a daily.........it does not fade as quick as candy, and repairs are allot easer to colorblend.........and it still looks bad ass  :thumbsup:
i was reading another topic and you said to use black as a base? wouldnt orion silver make it more like a real candy.

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
Originally posted by 3onthree@Aug 24 2005, 06:08 PM~3685392
i think it's still 3 stage and is still kind of transparent.
so is it still a bitch to spray?

·
Registered
44 Posts
you have to spray it just like a kandy. it is kandy, just a premixed version thats suppose to make it easier to spray with less coats. it requires no catalyst so you can have more managablitily. stripes, blotching, etc. will show up, scratches and waves show up easily too. I have sprayed KBC quite a few times now, and you gotta spray that shit just perfect like with real kandy.

You can spray it over any color you like, it is a mixed kandy, so whatever basecoat you have will affect the final color.
On one car i painted, the trunk area had some factory stickers i didnt feel like messin up so i just painted right over it with KBC. You can see the sticker still, just has a slight kandy hue to it. i'll post a pic when i get back into town to show how transparent KBC is..

To get more depth with KBC, i suggest you fog on about 5+ coats.. the 3 medium coats they recommend doesnt have as much depth. but then again, KBC doesnt have as much depth as UK, but it still looks bad ass..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts