LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come people build tight as cars paint rims everything sometimes their up in magazines or car shows, but then like 2 years later they in the garage gathering dust and they don't drive them anymore. for example (u see a impalla in this movie, and a person posts a picture of it now and its all dusty lookin)

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I ask myself the same thing all the time :wow:

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by gasman@Jan 22 2010, 07:06 PM~16378864
how come people build tight as cars paint rims everything sometimes their up in magazines or car shows, but then like 2 years later they in the garage gathering dust and they don't drive them anymore. for example (u see a impalla in this movie, and a person posts a picture of it now and its all dusty lookin)
Your cars collecting dust as we speak. :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ment they don't drive the car at all

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
im sure for every car theres a different story... but i bet there are lots of guys that "bit off more than they can chew" with some of these cars... some people dont realize that they aren't into lowriding until its too late and they've already bought a car, most often, a pre-built car like one from a movie or something... and in alot of instances, these cars aren't the most driveable cars in the world, so im sure lots of guys end up with these cars that they hate to drive, and in turn, it ends up sitting there collecting dust...

its a damn shame! thats for sure!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Originally posted by gasman@Jan 22 2010, 06:06 PM~16378864
ya it's funny my project cars do't even collect dust.

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
i drive my shitbox every day!

·
Registered
695 Posts
my garage is dirty - and I work every day on my car - sanding / primering - building pieces for it.

no matter how much I sweep up my garage - the car still collects a layer of dust on it by the time the batterys are done charging.
lol
so before I roll out I gota clean the car every dang day.

hopefully when work is more finished up on the car I can mop out the garage and walls and celing to help try and prevent this dust layer from always attacking my ride

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette@Jan 22 2010, 11:34 PM~16381600
my garage is dirty - and I work every day on my car - sanding / primering - building pieces for it.

no matter how much I sweep up my garage - the car still collects a layer of dust on it by the time the batterys are done charging.
lol
so before I roll out I gota clean the car every dang day.

hopefully when work is more finished up on the car I can mop out the garage and walls and celing to help try and prevent this dust layer from always attacking my ride
WHEN THE HELL DO YOU WORK TO MAKE MONEY? :biggrin:

·
Registered
695 Posts
lol
I get to go in early and sneak out early from work
so pretty much I get about 3 or 4 hours of day light left to work on my ride when I get home. its good too cause my car definately needs some work put in on her.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i guess i worded the question wrong i don't mean cars getting dirty or nothing but if u look at other forms like famus lowriders in movies that guy who has the green impalla from the movie friday it looked good on tv but then the current picture of it, it looks like its just sitting in a garage collecting dust. or the green impalla from today was a good day video i remember seeing that car in michigan and it looks like crap. or countless cars that made lowrider magazine back in the day now look terrible

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Jan 22 2010, 08:10 PM~16379370
im sure for every car theres a different story... but i bet there are lots of guys that "bit off more than they can chew" with some of these cars... some people dont realize that they aren't into lowriding until its too late and they've already bought a car, most often, a pre-built car like one from a movie or something... and in alot of instances, these cars aren't the most driveable cars in the world, so im sure lots of guys end up with these cars that they hate to drive, and in turn, it ends up sitting there collecting dust...</span>
its a damn shame! thats for sure!
why build up something that u hate to drive is another question

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by gasman@Jan 23 2010, 12:30 PM~16385910
why build up something that u hate to drive is another question
i think what he ment . people buy a lowrider thinking it would be cool. but end up realizing, they are more than just a turn key and cruise. there is a lot of upkeep for the average person that just wants something that is cool to drive. real riders just see is as part of the hobby. charging batts. changing oil, seals etc.

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
15,756 Posts
Originally posted by KingsWood@Jan 23 2010, 12:37 PM~16385959
i think what he ment . people buy a lowrider thinking it would be cool. but end up realizing, they are more than just a turn key and cruise. there is a lot of upkeep for the average person that just wants something that is cool to drive. real riders just see is as part of the hobby. charging batts. changing oil, seals etc.
:werd:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Originally posted by KingsWood@Jan 23 2010, 02:37 PM~16385959
exactly..... :cool:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
My car sits under two car covers it collects dust because I live in a damn desert basically. I was it everytime I bring it out. If the sun isnt out or its colder than 65 degrees it stays under wraps. I built it to drive and cruise etc. when weather permits. Right now in Cali its raining and wet not worth bringing the MC out for a drive (swapping engines at the moment). Some may say im a bit odd but thats just my therory. If its not a nice day to roll ill let it collect dust. Not harming me. Nothing a quick wash wax and vacuum wont fix.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Originally posted by gasman@Jan 23 2010, 03:28 PM~16385898
ok i guess i worded the question wrong  i don't mean cars getting dirty or nothing but if u look at other forms like famus lowriders in movies that guy who has the green impalla from the movie friday it looked good on tv but then the current picture of it, it looks like its just sitting in a garage collecting dust. or the green impalla from today was a good day video i remember seeing that car in michigan and it looks like crap. or countless cars that made lowrider magazine back in the day now look terrible

I think these cars may have "looked good on tv" but were probably kinda crappy to begin with.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
car gets passed around, the next owner always cares a little bit less about the car, and is into lowriding a little less than the previous owner. until the car is eventually sold for scrap metal.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Alot of these cars are from the 90's. (I.E The Candy green rag top 64 in Cubes good day video). Shit! Back then this lowriding thing was crazy popular, fake ass riders ran deep. Buying up shit left and right with absolutely NO understanding or respect for this thing called lowriding. As a result these cars fell into decay and some went away. A fucking a waste :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts