LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so Ive already talked to Jeff, Brian, and got the ok from these 2 guys, as well as Rick over at C.M.B.I.
This is to get everyone from both clubs building. New Year and Im sure everyone wants to bust out some shit for the new year.
Just like the topic says, the theme is gonna be rods and kustomz.
Just so things are clear.
A rod can be a street rod, rat rod, or hot rod.
A kustom is any car from the late 40's-60's. Leadsleds, sectioned, chop top, switched sheet metal work. At least one of the modifications should be required.
Anyone from Dynasty and C.M.B.I are welcome to the build off.
Since most of the time when a start date is made most people start before, if you wanna start today, then I really dont have a problem with it.
The end date is gonna be March 31st. Thats a little over 2 months.
If you have a build that has been slightly started, then your cool to join with that. Just dont have an all painted and almost finished build as an entry.
So unopened kits, or slightly started kits are cool.

So far I'm in, and SlammdSonoma told me he is definitely in.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
813 Posts
:wow: Ya im in this will be sweet, and i got a camera again to post pics, will post later what i have after work.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Ahhhh sheit... well atlest end of march gives me time, cuz i got like 3 builds i need done by mid feb.....

I think im in like sin, proboly with a rod

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet

Well here's my entry.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by darkside customs@Jan 20 2010, 11:30 PM~16359328
Alright, so Ive already talked to Jeff, Brian, and got the ok from these 2 guys, as well as Rick over at C.M.B.I.
This is to get everyone from both clubs building. New Year and Im sure everyone wants to bust out some shit for the new year.
Just like the topic says, the theme is gonna be rods and kustomz.
A kustom is any car from the late 40's-60's.
Anyone from Dynasty and C.M.B.I are welcome to the build off.
Since most of the time when a start date is made most people start before, if you wanna start today, then I really dont have a problem with it.
The end date is gonna be March 31st. Thats a little over 2 months.
If you have a build that has been slightly started, then your cool to join with that. Just dont have an all painted and almost finished build as an entry.
So unopened kits, or slightly started kits are cool.

So far I'm in, and SlammdSonoma told me he is definitely in.
:biggrin:
Now whats the deal with 60's is that up too 60 or up to 69 ??
And trucks count ??

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A truck, sure why not.
Early 60's.

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by phat97yukon@Jan 20 2010, 10:23 PM~16359863
Cool, just wantin to make sure :)
;) :cool:

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
WHAT THE FUCK JAMES ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY WAYS !

YOU OPEN UP RODS TO BE 1 OF 3 THINGS BUT THEN KILL THE CUSTOMS BY A YEAR DATE !

A KUSTOM IS ANYTHING THATS BEEN HEAVILY MODIFIED SUCH AS REWORKED DOORS HOOD AND TRUCK TO BE SUICIDE, A CHOPPED OR CHANNELED BODY , SWITCH SHEET METAL WORK SUCH AS ADDING A CADDY QUATERS TO A BELAIR ! HELL BUILDING THE MONKEYS GTO IS A KUSTOM !

NOW IF YOU GO YEAR TO YEAR DATE AND CHOOSE 40-60'S THEN THEY SHOULD LEADSLEDS AND NOT KUSTOMS !

HOPE YOU THE BEST ON THE BULLSHIT BETWEEN THE FAMILY MOVE BROTHER LIKE I SAID NO BAD BLOOD FROM ME WE ALL GOT TO DO WANT WE THINKS BEST FOR OWN SELF !

BUT DONT BE BITCH EITHER ! FINISH SOME OF YOUR SHIT AN BE REAL ABOUT IT !

·
Banned
8,366 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Jan 21 2010, 01:32 AM~16359942
WHAT THE  FUCK  JAMES ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANY WAYS  ! 

YOU  OPEN  UP  RODS  TO  BE  1  OF  3  THINGS  BUT  THEN  KILL  THE  CUSTOMS  BY  A  YEAR  DATE ! 

A  KUSTOM  IS  ANYTHING  THATS  BEEN  HEAVILY  MODIFIED  SUCH  AS  REWORKED  DOORS  HOOD  AND  TRUCK  TO  BE  SUICIDE,  A  CHOPPED OR  CHANNELED  BODY ,  SWITCH  SHEET  METAL  WORK  SUCH  AS  ADDING  A  CADDY  QUATERS  TO  A  BELAIR  !  HELL  BUILDING  THE  MONKEYS  GTO  IS  A  KUSTOM ! 

NOW  IF  YOU  GO  YEAR  TO  YEAR  DATE  AND  CHOOSE  40-60'S  THEN THEY  SHOULD  LEADSLEDS  AND  NOT  KUSTOMS ! 

HOPE  YOU  THE  BEST  ON  THE  BULLSHIT  BETWEEN  THE  FAMILY  MOVE  BROTHER  LIKE  I  SAID  NO  BAD  BLOOD  FROM  ME  WE  ALL  GOT TO  DO  WANT  WE THINKS  BEST  FOR  OWN  SELF !

BUT  DONT  BE    BITCH  EITHER  !  FINISH  SOME  OF  YOUR  SHIT  AN  BE REAL  ABOUT IT !

Arent you M.C.B.A. David?This is for "our" members only.Just sit back and watch.Spectate if you will.

J/K bro.Your input is appreciated.Im in......I just dont know what to build....??

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
see i had that thought on the whole custom thing, whats to make it custom or not, should do atlest 1 major body mod, either a chopping a top channeled or like mini said add quarters from somthing else... Im think we need a lil more grounds on this build off IMO.. cuz whats not to say a box stock 55 belair with a set of rims is custom or a 62 imp thats decal'd out on wires isnt that classified as a custom also ???

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by phat97yukon@Jan 20 2010, 11:02 PM~16360277
see i had that thought on the whole custom thing, whats to make it custom or not, should do atlest 1 major body mod, either a chopping a top  channeled or like mini said add quarters from somthing else...  Im think we need a lil more grounds on this build off IMO.. cuz whats not to say a box stock 55 belair with a set of rims is custom
Your right bro. All that David posted is correct. Ill edit the original post as well.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by darkside customs@Jan 21 2010, 01:05 AM~16360326
Your right bro. All that David posted is correct. Ill edit the original post as well.

:thumbsup: :h5:

·
Future Mod
41,962 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Jan 21 2010, 12:32 AM~16359942
WHAT THE  FUCK  JAMES ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANY WAYS  ! 

YOU  OPEN  UP  RODS  TO  BE  1  OF  3  THINGS  BUT  THEN  KILL  THE  CUSTOMS  BY  A  YEAR  DATE ! 

A  KUSTOM  IS  ANYTHING  THATS  BEEN  HEAVILY  MODIFIED  SUCH  AS  REWORKED  DOORS  HOOD  AND  TRUCK  TO  BE  SUICIDE,  A  CHOPPED OR  CHANNELED  BODY ,  SWITCH  SHEET  METAL  WORK  SUCH  AS  ADDING  A  CADDY  QUATERS  TO  A  BELAIR  !  HELL  BUILDING  THE  MONKEYS  GTO  IS  A  KUSTOM ! 

NOW  IF  YOU  GO  YEAR  TO  YEAR  DATE  AND  CHOOSE  40-60'S  THEN THEY  SHOULD  LEADSLEDS  AND  NOT  KUSTOMS ! 

HOPE  YOU  THE  BEST  ON  THE  BULLSHIT  BETWEEN  THE  FAMILY  MOVE  BROTHER  LIKE  I  SAID  NO  BAD  BLOOD  FROM  ME  WE  ALL  GOT TO  DO  WANT  WE THINKS  BEST  FOR  OWN  SELF !

BUT  DONT  BE    BITCH  EITHER  !  FINISH  SOME  OF  YOUR  SHIT  AN  BE REAL  ABOUT IT !
:cool:

·
Banned
8,366 Posts
"Kustoms" has to do more with style in a certain time period than anything.And when we are dealing with model cars there is a definate difference that 1:1 world.The Revell "49 Mercury is a "Kustom" to start with.Its NOT a stock 1949 Mercury is it? NO.A "Rod" used to cover all modified '20 '30 '40 etc modified from stock cars.Rat Rods cover cars that have a patina or a "let go" look but have some "hot rod" or factory performance speed parts.

·
want sum come get sum
13,763 Posts
this sounds like badass build off good luck fellas :cool:

since i cant join in ill just watch and learn how to do a kustom or a rod from u guys :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts