LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys,

I cheaped out and went for the 470 psi E-Valves from Suicide Doors (Don't beat on me too hard Mark!). They just arrived today, but there is one problem. There are no lead wires coming out of the solenoid. There is a L-shaped plastic thing which is has a single screw holding it to the side of the solenoid. This thing in on the "In" side of the valve and has a screw in plastic nut on the bottom of it. The nut has a hole right in the middle of it and the hole appears to go right in to the side of the solenoid.

How the hell do I wire these things?

- Brad

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Jul 25 2005, 04:03 PM
Well Guys,

I cheaped out and went for the 470 psi E-Valves from Suicide Doors (Don't beat on me too hard Mark!). They just arrived today, but there is one problem. There are no lead wires coming out of the solenoid. There is a L-shaped plastic thing which is has a single screw holding it to the side of the solenoid. This thing in on the "In" side of the valve and has a screw in plastic nut on the bottom of it. The nut has a hole right in the middle of it and the hole appears to go right in to the side of the solenoid.

How the hell do I wire these things?

- Brad
[snapback]3476619[/snapback]​
hahaha you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by aleigh-n@Jul 25 2005, 07:29 PM
hahaha you get what you pay for.
[snapback]3477326[/snapback]​
how about you go fuck yourself. you don't know me well enough to start talking shit to me. especially after half of the ignorant ass answers and questions I have seen you post!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
like you said, you cheaped out...

do what mark said, that will be the only way...

BTW, the shit didnt come with instructions or labels or anything?

it couldnt have just came with only a box and padding to accompany...
there has to be an owners manuel...

even 'plug-it-in' air freshners come with an owners manuel...

-qs

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
fuck you all

do they look like this
the L shaped thing is a plug the screw is to hold it in so it doesnt slide off
[attachmentid=223528]

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
if you unscrew the back of the plug then the plug will come off

it doesn't need the screw but it is for security

then you have to pop the plug open

loosen the nut at the bottom feed the wire through

then on the inside of the plug get a 1" peice of wire and run it from the common terminal to one of the other terminals

then as long as your valve is on a grounderd surface then you can run one single wire to each valve

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 25 2005, 08:05 PM
fuck you all
do they look like this
the L shaped thing is a plug the screw is to hold it in so it doesnt slide off
[attachmentid=223528]
[snapback]3477549[/snapback]​
Thanks Joe!

I new I could count on someone to give me useful information. They are exactly like you described. I will unscrew the cover and take a look. All I know is that dude with the black primer Cutlass is running these and he is getting that car up pretty good. They were $34.99 a piece. Each one is cycle tested at 517 psi. They are warranteed for 1 year. And they are sold by a reputable dealer (suicide doors.com). I am betting that they will be just fine fine for my application. And when you see me chirp them front tires off the ground at 250 psi, you will all be able to lick my genitals! ;)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Jul 25 2005, 07:30 PM
What guage wire would you run to the valves?
[snapback]3478152[/snapback]​
i beleive that's either a 14-16

what i buy is two wire wrapped from the auto parts store they also have 4 wire
it's called trailer wire or some shit

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 26 2005, 01:21 AM
i beleive that's either a 14-16

what i buy is two wire wrapped from the auto parts store they also have 4 wire
it's called trailer wire or some shit
[snapback]3479668[/snapback]​
Yeah!

I took them apart today and it is not a prblem whatsoever. The l-shaped plastic thing is justa boot which covers three terminals. There are vertical tabs on the left and right side and a horizontal one on the top in between the two vertical ones that is labeled as ground.

So do I just run a wire from the grounded terminal to one of the vertical spades, then just run a wire from the switch box to the vertical terminal which is not connected to ground?

- Brad

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Jul 26 2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah!

I took them apart today and it is not a prblem whatsoever. The l-shaped plastic thing is justa boot which covers three terminals. There are vertical tabs on the left and right side and a horizontal one on the top in between the two vertical ones that is labeled as ground.

So do I just run a wire from the grounded terminal to one of the vertical spades, then just run a wire from the switch box to the vertical terminal which is not connected to ground?

- Brad
[snapback]3485009[/snapback]​
yeah

1 - 20 of 22 Posts