LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd ask you guys. Threw all your guys work at bagging different cars. which one has been proven to be the easiest one to do, just like a bolt it in and set it up and drive it style? one that could be set up in a weekend to get driving again.

are Caprices easy to do or is there problems with brackets etc? thank a bunch guys

·
Registered
856 Posts
my install took more then a weekend. bolt on kit is BS. something will come up. there is never anything truely bolt on, usually. my g body was pretty easy. a little welding but thats it. i did mine in the winter , in a cold ass garage. a couple hours here and there. wasnt in a real hurry cause i had a winter beater.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought just bolt it in and go was a dream, i have a friend with a big garage and welder so if need be welding brackets on etc will be ok

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
dont get something because it will be easy to bag, buy a car you like and wanna roll in

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
shoot them little eclipes cars are all bolt in replacement struts

·
Registered
480 Posts
hondas and eclipses

·
Registered
517 Posts
I bagged my 93 fleetwood in 2 days drinkin a case of beer. Front is cups that just sit in where the spring was, and the back is cup on top and weld on over axle mount. Easy as pie......

·
SHOT CALLER
2,016 Posts
i just got doin a TV show and we bagged a 95 S-dime in a day and a half... it was a bolt in kit but we opted to weld it in i dont like trusting bolts to hold in a notch and bag perches...and when i say a day and a half that the whole truck F.B.S.S. and all the interior and the body work we shaved the ass end and frenched in a set of LED tails into the roll pan..there was 4 well quallified ppl doin this and if you plan on welding on your truck make sure you know what the hell you are doin the thing that give shops like mine and others a bad name are ppl who dont know what they are doin and when thier welds break and cause an accedent it looks bad on all of us..

·
Registered
93 Posts
s10's are easy, front is bolt on, and you can get kits in the rear that are bolt on, plus just a little welding, no big deal though if you have a friend that can weld or if you can.straped93fleetwood, what TV show?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I believe the easier ride to bag is the 91-96 B-body...

If you don't want any assles, you have to buy a quality kit like the one from Air ride or Air lift...

But like somebody said before me... Don't buy a car because it is easy to bag, just buy a car that you really want!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Originally posted by yodawagon@Sep 8 2005, 12:56 PM~3776396
my install took more then a weekend. bolt on kit is BS. something will come up. there is never anything truely bolt on, usually. my g body was pretty easy. a little welding but thats it. i did mine in the winter , in a cold ass garage. a couple hours here and there. wasnt in a real hurry cause i had a winter beater.

not true. i bagged my neon in 6 hours with no leaks everything worked perfect and that was a bolt in kit, no fabbing at all. true bolt in kit. ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
it also took me about 5 hours to bag my honda with only me and my frend no leaks , plus first time installing,

·
SHOT CALLER
2,016 Posts
the show is called WAR OF THE WHEELS it is on Global here in Canada it will air sometime between Nov. 05 and Jan. 06.. ill keep you guys posted if you want me too.. the closer it gets to air date the Tv studio will give me a heads up when it will air...
Originally posted by blznnp@Sep 14 2005, 01:31 PM~3813143
s10's are easy, front is bolt on, and you can get kits in the rear that are bolt on, plus just a little welding, no big deal though if you have a friend that can weld or if you can.straped93fleetwood, what TV show?

·
Registered
856 Posts
it also took me about 5 hours to bag my honda with only me and my frend no leaks , plus first time installing
not true. i bagged my neon in 6 hours with no leaks everything worked perfect and that was a bolt in kit, no fabbing at all. true bolt in kit.
not true? you bagged a damn neon, not my car.

theres all kinds of kits for rice buckets, and american compacts, but who wants one of those?

you should just find a car you really like, then see what is available. it nothing is available, put something together. if theres a will, theres a way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts