LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If im getting a car as a gift from the states and im in canada what is the best way to get it here and am i going to have to pay duties and customs at the boarder or is there any other way of getting past that

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
talk with booty snatcha on here, he bought mine and had it shipped to canada

·
Registered
76 Posts
You must fax a copy of the ownership from what ever state its from to the boarder (U.S side) 3 days before you cross the car over, they need to check the cars history, also if the car is not more then 15 years old it must be one that is apporved by Canada, transport Canada has a list of all cars that can be within Canada.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
if the car has hydros then you are in for a nightmare...
i tried to do the same thing and lets just say it didnt work out

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a 2001 expedetion stock i shouldnt have any problems when i bring it through to be insured in canada am i gona be paying service charges and all kinds of duties and taxes?

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by Chris_Dee@Jul 29 2005, 03:16 PM
its a 2001 expedetion stock i shouldnt have any problems when i bring it through to be insured in canada am i gona be paying service charges and all kinds of duties and taxes?
[snapback]3503811[/snapback]​
i beleive you have to pay 180 at the border and that will cover the crap to import it and the federal inspection...but you still have to get the provincial which is 100 and if not equipped you will be required to get daytime running lights to pass the federal....and with the provincial if it fails on anything that work has to be completed and reinspected before it can pass and can be insured

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
And once its in canada the vehicle will need a out of country and out of province inspection which is usually around $250-350. And possibly need to pay for the mileage and speedo to be changed over to km's.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by theoglean@Jul 30 2005, 06:58 AM
And once its in canada the vehicle will need a out of country and out of province inspection which is usually around $250-350. And possibly need to pay for the mileage and speedo to be changed over to km's.
[snapback]3509146[/snapback]​
all that is required is a federal and provincial.....provincials are only 100 after tax

1 - 20 of 29 Posts