LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when u fuck up a paint job on a model get some easy off for ovens and spray the shit out of it and wait 2 hrs and rinse with warm water and a lil scrubber and bam that shit is way better than sanding and messing up the beauty marks of the car :thumbsup:
VERY SATISFIED

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I used Easy Off cleaner on my RC 64 impala from Radioshack and it didn’t work very well. It left some strange residue which left me with no choice other than to sand the entire car. So I don’t recommend using Easy Off for removing the paint from one of those RC Lowriders from Radioshack. But that stuff works very well with regular models.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 4 2003, 01:00 PM
That's because the Radio Shack car is made of some sort of though PVC plastic. I sanded the car thoroughly before painting it and it sticks very well. ;)
plus they aren't painted they are molded in color. lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Sep 4 2003, 05:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Sep 4 2003, 05:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jevries@Sep 4 2003, 01:00 PM
That's because the Radio Shack car is made of some sort of though PVC plastic. I sanded the car thoroughly before painting it and it sticks very well. ;)
plus they aren't painted they are molded in color. lol[/b][/quote]
i was gonna say that
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Nu-B Modeler+Sep 4 2003, 04:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nu-B Modeler @ Sep 4 2003, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 4 2003, 05:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--jevries
@Sep 4 2003, 01:00 PM

plus they aren't painted they are molded in color. lol
i was gonna say that
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
yeah, dont have to be tooo damn bright to figure that one out huh :ugh: lol

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Sep 4 2003, 04:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Sep 4 2003, 04:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jevries@Sep 4 2003, 01:00 PM
plus they aren't painted they are molded in color. lol[/b][/quote]
you're wrong, the 64 is painted red with tacky tribals. I ended up using Easy Lift Off to clean it off. I should have just painted over it.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Sep 4 2003, 05:51 PM
hmmm..... looked molded to me like my 67 is. :dunno:
i didnt wanna get the 64 because it looks kinda like a truck in the frontend lol
Trust me, it's painted, i have 5 of them, plus the 67.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Sep 4 2003, 07:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Sep 4 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Sep 4 2003, 05:51 PM
hmmm.....  looked molded to me like my 67 is. :dunno:
i didnt wanna get the 64 because it looks kinda like a truck in the frontend lol
Trust me, it's painted, i have 5 of them, plus the 67.

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
trust me, still looks like a truck no matter how many you get :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

nite man.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Sep 4 2003, 07:46 PM
yes, easy off is safe on resin. Castrol Super clean is NOT, and i'm not sure about easy lift off.

K. Diaz
kool, i guess i'm putting overtime on my models this weekend. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts