LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can get shocks in the rear but they don't make them for cars. You'll have to go to a welding shop and have them make brackets or something to make them fit. Plus you can't install any on the front because of the weight of the motor...

Last edited by IDINIEILIL at Jul 1 2003, 05:44 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i have seen alotta people have strait air shocks in the rear of mini trucks and also a 65 impala but still they suck they blow cuz the bag inside them doesn't hold all that much pressure if you lokk aroung some company makes airshocks with all style mounts

Last edited by joebomber52 at Jul 1 2003, 08:15 PM

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
air shocks would be best for just absorbsion. Like acumaltors do. If you have your ride pretty low or if it rubs in certain areas, air shocks would be pretty good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Coils... Unless you want air cylinders, AIM has the cheapest price on air cylinders but I wouldn't buy from them... not with all the negative remarks I've heard about them.

Last edited by IDINIEILIL at Jul 2 2003, 09:43 AM

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Originally posted by nutsaq+Jul 2 2003, 09:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nutsaq @ Jul 2 2003, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Kenny13z3@Jul 2 2003, 10:02 AM
anyother easy cheep ways to lower a car? its stock hight
cut your springs in half, and there you go.[/b][/quote]
Although he is right, you will also have a hassle with negative camber from your wheels depending in how low you want to go. The lower you go, the more negative the camber is.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
IMO, air shocks are good for rubbin and weight. Them shyts won't last if you mess with them like bags, the bellow's gonna pop. As for cutting springs, well you are going to have adjust the camber unless you like to have you tires worn out quicker. To be honest, if your going to lower your ride, then do it the right way.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i know u wanna roll on a budget by dropping your car cheap,your just better off saving the money up and doing it right,its just not worth all the hassle to keep taking your car apart,air shocks ride rough as hell and dont absorb the road like shocks just made for lifting,and f hitting bumps with chopped springs yes this is the cheapest way that i would go,but after a week your gonna hate the ride

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
But if you only cut a coil, or maybe coil and a half, it will come down a little and shouldn't mess up the ride too tough. All of this depends on the type of car though. And I wouldn't recommend it.

It's best to just save the loot and get juice... OR AIR!!! Oops, sorry guys, I forgot where I was. :)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
i did it on my regal...we took a turn off all the springs and on the front we just drilled 2 holes in the top of each a arm and bolted them to the top just like the bottom of the a arm...the back was easier. i can drop my car low and still lift it back up..it still rides good. i ride with it up so the ride is nice..i never rolled with it down cuz i think it would probably pop the shocks because your not supposed to roll with like less then 20 lbs of air in them. but yea people are like wtf cuz sometimes they see my car parked and its low then when i'm ridin its up. they're like WTF :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
ummmm I know air shox alot too. I use them for everything and they can support more weight than most other brands. Gabriel Hi jackers are the shit. Around 200psi they can hold and raises about 6 inches from rest. And they work well to smooth out the ride even if you run 4 tons. Its called the Air Shock System.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Originally posted by IDINIEILIL@Jul 2 2003, 10:42 AM
Coils... Unless you want air cylinders, AIM has the cheapest price on air cylinders but I wouldn't buy from them... not with all the negative remarks I've heard about them.
i got some cylinders from there and it all worked out fine

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Aug 2 2003, 10:03 PM
i got the hyjackers :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts