LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Easy Street Kit for my 2000 Neon and both front struts broke in one season of use. (3-4 months) I noticed that my tire was flat one day going out for lunch so I took an air pig back to the car and filled the tire and drove to the nearest tire shop. When I got there the guy i knew took the wheel off and after we both looked for a nail in the tire we found that the rim had cracked. On the inside bead of the rim there was a dent and a crack where the air was coming out from. I put a stock rim back on it and drove it home.

I took the wheels off to do a seasonal inspection on all my lines and hardware and I noticed that the right front strut was a little sloppy so I took it off and sure enough it was a lot sloppy with huge amount of play at the top.

I took the bag off the strut and as i did all the oil from the strut came pouring out. I looked at the strut and when I compressed it the seal around the part that moves just bubbled with air.

I looked at the other side and it was the exact same. No oil in the strut and lots of play.

So I think that the car bottomed out on whatever bump I hit and with no oil in the strut, the strut bottomed out and the rim broke from the impact.

so now I get to buy another set of struts. oh and to top it off lol my warranty is one month past its limit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
a friend of mine had an easy street strut break clean in half on his new beetle cab while he woz driving it with his wife and kids in it , he had loads of grief getting it replaced ,, he ended up buying and importing one his self was not happy ,, (we,r in the uk )

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I just replaced one of their air struts on my Cadillac Marcustoms changed it for me, and when we got the bag off it was the same thing. Fuckin fluid everywhere and the rod just rocked back and forth. So not only did i have to replace the strut but the bag also because the fluid ruined the seals. All in all about 600 bucks worth of damage. They r pieces of crap! I'm looking for alternatives so i can junk them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts