LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the low down... bagging a '97 Integra, found a "complete kit" from EasyStreet here:
http://www.easystreetair.com/index.asp?Pag...PROD&ProdID=680

The EasyStreet price for the kit $2,175.00 which includes:
- 2 Front 9-way dampening Air Struts
- 2 Rear 9-way dampening Air Struts
- 8 of our 3/8" exclusive chrome 300 PSI Valves
- Viair 380C Chrome Compressor
- 5 Gallon D.O.T. Approved Air Tank with 8 1/2" Ports
- 2 200 PSI Dual Needle Gauges with Chrome Bezels
- 40' of 1/2" D.O.T. Approved Air Line
- Nickel plated D.O.T. push to connect fittings
- 145-175 PSI Pressure Switch
- 4 Switches
- 50' of 1/4" D.O.T. Approved Air Line for your Gauges
- 90' of 16 Gauge Wire for Proper Valve Connections
So I went to suicidedoors.com and they have the SAME AirLift brand parts (also known as EasyStreet) for the following prices:

...................................................................................$$
- 2 Front 9-way dampening Air Struts.............................?
- 2 Rear 9-way dampening Air Struts..............................?
- 8 of our 3/8" exclusive chrome 300 PSI Valves.............280.00
- Viair 380C Chrome Compressor..................................185.00
- 5 Gallon D.O.T. Approved Air Tank with 8 1/2" Ports.......56.00
- 2 200 PSI Dual Needle Gauges with Chrome Bezels........60.00
- 40' of 1/2" D.O.T. Approved Air Line..............................30.00
- Nickel plated D.O.T. push to connect fittings....................?
- 145-175 PSI Pressure Switch........................................16.00
- 4 Switches...................................................................20.00
- 50' of 1/4" D.O.T. Approved Air Line for your Gauges......10.00
- 90' of 16 Gauge Wire for Proper Valve Connections.........5.00

SUB Total.......................................................................662.00
?.... What are the "Push to connect fittings"? and how much are they?
?.... Are the "Air Struts" the same thing as the "Airlift Sleeve w/ Bag 1/2" Port"?

Why is it's 2x's the price and is there anything that i'm missing?

Thanks all again for the help!

·
Registered
99 Posts
First off I don't see any price included for the struts in the Suicide ad. Also since the Suicide is an Airlift dealer, he can obviously sell it cheaper then the manufacture will retail it for. He's basically undercutting the manufacture and any other distributer and selling at wholesale.
You might want to call and make sure you're getting EXACTLLY the same thing, and ALL the same parts before you buy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by GameOver@Sep 8 2005, 06:46 PM~3778377
First off I don't see any price included for the struts in the Suicide ad. Also since the Suicide is an Airlift dealer, he can obviously sell it cheaper then the manufacture will retail it for. He's basically undercutting the manufacture and any other distributer and selling at wholesale.
You might want to call and make sure you're getting EXACTLLY the same thing, and ALL the same parts before you buy.
Yes thats why i added these questions:
?.... What are the "Push to connect fittings"? and how much are they?
?.... Are the "Air Struts" the same thing as the "Airlift Sleeve w/ Bag 1/2" Port"?

I do not have prices for them because i do not know what they are and i can not find them on the Suicide site.

·
Registered
856 Posts
push to connects are brass fittings used to connect airline. a air strut and a sleeve bag are different. a air strut is just that, a air strut. there is a airbag where the spring would be. a sleeve type are bag is like the firestone 9000.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so when they say "push to connect fittings" their referring to these perticular fittings?

As far as the Air Strut, I've found them on the Easystreet site here:

Increase your performance and lower your Integra. Our 9-way adjustable dampening performance air over struts are just what you have been looking for. 100% bolt in design. Engineered to ride and perform better than a coil over set up, with the added benefit of adjustability! Built to handle the higher pressures of today's "fast bag" controllers, we warranty our struts to 180psi, and a one year on manufactures defects. Don't give up your drivability just to "dog leg"! Take control and roll low!
Now these AirStruts are suppose to be direct bolt-in... are they really?
And are these "safer" then getting regular bags and fitting them in there?
What are the advantages of either?

Thanks again all for the help!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 8 2005, 09:59 PM~3779739
Ok, so when they say "push to connect fittings" their referring to these perticular fittings?

As far as the Air Strut, I've found them on the Easystreet site here:

Now these AirStruts are suppose to be direct bolt-in... are they really?
And are these "safer" then getting regular bags and fitting them in there?
What are the advantages of either?

No.

A push to connect fitting will generally have a MNPT end (of varying sizes) and a push to connect which is basically a female end which you shove the raw and of an air line in to. It works sort of like a chinese finger cuff. You push the hose in and it locks it in and seals it. You can push the hose in, but you cannot pull it out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so the Threads on the right side go into the compressor or whatever... while the hose fits over that rib thats comming out of the left side? (or pushes into the center of the rib)?

Also, what are all your thoughts on the AirStruts compared to regular Bags?

Thanks again all!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha, so are those push to connect fittings the way to go with all the hose connections? or are they just as good as anything else?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 8 2005, 11:16 PM~3780334
Gotcha, so are those push to connect fittings the way to go with all the hose connections? or are they just as good as anything else?
Only way to go. That is what the guys on the board run. 1/2" runs somwhere around 6 bucks each. You are gonna be surprised how much the damn fittings are going to run you!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks diddy,

Couple more q's for ya...

what is the "145-175 PSI Pressure Switch" used for?

And why in the kit... is 1/2" air line used for everything, the Ports on the air tank 1/2"... but the Valves are 3/8"?
Is'nt that bottlenecking the air thus making it Raise/Lower slower?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 8 2005, 11:30 PM~3780406
Thanks diddy,

Couple more q's for ya...

what is the "145-175 PSI Pressure Switch"  used for?

And why in the kit... is 1/2" air line used for everything, the Ports on the air tank 1/2"... but the Valves are 3/8"?
Is'nt that bottlenecking the air thus making it Raise/Lower slower?
Pressure switch is what tells the compressor to turn off and on. I believe that this is an adjustable pressure switch. Which will tell the compressor to turn off when the pressure reaches whatever pressure (between 145 and 175) within the tank.

Yes. a 3/8" valve would be a bottle neck.

1/2" OD line would be 3/8" ID.
5/8" OD line would be 1/2" ID.

I am running all 5/8" line and 1/2" valves and ports.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So when they SAY 1/2" Line, they mean 3/8" IN line... but when they say 3/8" Valve, do they mean 3/8" IN Valve? Meaning that the Line and Valves are matched correctly?

The Tank has 8, 1/2" ports, are they referring to 1/2"OD as well?

And why are these 8 ports on the tank? From what i gather is:
1 Port for each bag (total of 4 used)
1 Input port from the compressor
and 3 ports Not-in-use (for future applications)
is this correct?

Also, do all of you use the Dual Needle gauges? What are the 2 needles for? and is each gauge for one side of the car (like 1 gauge is for the Front Bags while the other gauge is for the Rear bags?) I assume the Dual needles are so you can match the pressure on both front bags the same... and so on?
Or do you use 4 individual gauges?

I just recieved an e-mail from EasyStreet saying that the AirStruts use the Sleeve design but just have brackets on them to bolt right in... has anyone used sleeves and how are THEY compared to regular bags?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts