LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
good idea

bigger intake more air

headers less exhause restriction

so ur gonna add more air and its gonna come out better (sumthing like that)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by sleepy526@Aug 21 2005, 09:49 PM~3667744
good idea
bigger intake more air

headers less exhause restriction

so ur gonna add more air and its gonna come out better (sumthing like that)
Yeah, something like that.

An Edelbrock intake alone may add a couple horses, but not enough to be really noticeable over stock. It really depends on your application. For a lowrider, you're going to want a dual plane manifold that is designed to make more torque from idle and up, since you're trying to tug a lot of weight, and you're not doing any high-RPM racing. ;) When used in conjunction with a properly-tuned carb and your cam, you should have gained some power over stock for sure.

The headers should be much less restrictive than the factory exhaust manifolds, so regardless of whether you change your intake or not, you will recognize a few extra horses, and possibly another MPG or two (depending on your carb and cam setup) due to the increased air flow.

Let me know if I can help with specifics (like picking the right intake/carb, are you even changing the carb?), but that's just some real general info for ya. ;)
Jeff

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
if you get an intake manifold it would be best tio get a spacer also dependin on the size of carb/intake setup you gonna run. i have a weiand dual plane intake and a 650 carb so i went w/ a one inch spacer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts