LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WILL A EDLEBROOK CARB BOLT ON TO A STOCK MANAFOLD ON A 305 ENGINE?
CARB MODLE #1406 PERFORMANCE CARB.....

ANY INFO WOULD HELP THANKYOU!!!!

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
You will have to get a 2 barrell to 4 barrel adapter. You can get them at any big chain auto parts.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Most 305 bought a 2 barrel carb. Why dont you just buy an edelbrock manifold then your carburator will just bolt up and you will get alot more performance.

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
damn i just sold a good 750 spread bore carb for $15 on ebay

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
600 cfm edelbrock, manual choke. and an performer rpm manifold or even the Weiand Stealth intake will bolt to that carb and is a good one too, for street and better performance.

·
Registered
414 Posts
edelbrocks are shit;never had one run good ,too hard to tune.maybe im just used to holleys, but i like them a lot better :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Originally posted by nuttycutty@Aug 6 2003, 06:29 PM
edelbrocks are shit;never had one run good ,too hard to tune.maybe im just used to holleys, but i like them a lot better :biggrin:
LOL, I'm sorry to hear that. Edelbrocks are easier than toast. Out of the box, turn both idle/mix screws all the way in. Then out 2 1/2 turns. Set primary idle up half. Bolt it on the intake. Start it up and fine tune it. Then if you know carbs some, you can change out jets and metering rods accordingly. But dont really have to. L

1 - 19 of 19 Posts