LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know if anyone can answer this for me. are 36 volts enough power to be quick, effecient and provide long life between charges for a 4 pump setup (36 volts per pump)? :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thinking with 12 batteries and 3 per pump (4 pumper) it should be fast enough with a little switch life to play with between charges.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
also gear selection has something to do with voltage

36 could lift a 4pump but it would be slow even with #6 gears ..

if you going for higher number gears you gonna have more voltage to make the same pressure but more flow ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well which gears are best for hopping?
i was going to run #6's to the front 2 pumps cause i heard they will out hop #8's all day long. then i heard the odd number italian gears are better made. at 36 volts on each of the 4 pumps i want the same number gears all around. 3 batteries per pump (4 pump) should be cool.

Last edited by robpanel at Nov 10 2003, 01:36 PM

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking more flow would be better for hopping so which is the TOP_DOG hopping gear or gears?

Last edited by robpanel at Nov 10 2003, 01:38 PM

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by robpanel@Nov 10 2003, 12:34 PM
well which gears are best for hopping?
i was going to run #6's to the front to pumps cause i heard they will out hop #8's all day long. then i heard the odd number italian gears are better made. at 36 volts on each of the 4 pumps i want the same number gears all around. 3 batteries per pump (4 pump) should be cool.
are you taking about double pump with 6's?

you staple gear for hopping is a #9, running at 60-72 volts.

what exactly is the goal for your setup and ranfla?

cc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my goal is to have a setup with 4 pumps (double pump hop) 12 batteries with 36 per pump. is this a good choice for hopping cause im thinking in turn of charges to save juice and battery life. if i can nail back bumper with a few hits of the switch im straight and i only want front, back power 3 both sides, seasaw, all cylinders raise and pankake and a few others making 10 switches but im thinking about 16! 5 ton all around, hard lines, unbreakable ball joints, powerball, 8's in the front and 12's or 10's in the rear. reinforced frame, extended a arms and i was even thinking of ride rockets to soften the ride with extended shocks for a 2 door caddy in the 80s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no ride rockets? im hearing more about leaving those alone and im not going to waste money on them anyway. i wonder why people dont like them on their ranfla.....

36 volts on EACH front pump isnt enough for back bumper (36 v's each front pump) ?

if i run 12 batteries , whats the best way to set them up and not have to charge them as much and make battery life longer?

also running 72 volts to the pumps---should i worry about frying them?

i think battery life can be increased if i run 6 batteries to the front left pump and the back left pump and vice versa for the other pumps instead of the 2 front pumps.

will 4 pumps 8 batteries nail back bumper?

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
Run 96v to 120v ...you'll love it... :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by Silver@Nov 11 2003, 09:57 PM
Run 96v to 120v ...you'll love it... :cheesy: :cheesy:
RUN 22O YOULL LOVE IT :cool:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten