LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys use electric fans on your radiators, on your lowriders or no?...reason i ask is cause i have one on mine, but it fucked my radiator up..when i was hitting switches it mustve flexed and it dug into my radiator, basically destroying it...just wanted to know what you guys use..Thanks!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I had a set of electric fans cooling my 350 and never really had an issue. Mine originally came with rubber mounts (for extra movement) but I ended up actually having some brackets attached to the rediator and bypassed the rubber mounts all together....

Some say this is a bad idea, but it worked fine for the few years I had the car.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
those through ties are a bad idea, find a way to attach it to either the core support, or to the frame of the radiator itself.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats exactly what is holding it on, those zip ties. I was gonna fabricate some kind of mounting brackets on my new one.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by rook@Jul 23 2005, 12:34 PM
Yea thats exactly what is holding it on, those zip ties. I was gonna fabricate some kind of mounting brackets on my new one.
[snapback]3463749[/snapback]​
heres how I did on an aluminum radiators, doesnt look the greatest, but worked well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts