LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having trouble getting all lights to work at same time if high beam come on i lose on side of brake lights or no high beam, I get one head light and all brake and tail lights already changed trunk harness. do i have to change all harness? have 66 caprice :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
check your head light switch, check all your wiring it my be burnt and touching each other take your time and inspect all your wiring even if you have to take all the wire wrapping lose or off all the way to your head lights .

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:
check your head light switch, check all your wiring it my be burnt and touching each other take your time and inspect all your wiring even if you have to take all the wire wrapping lose or off all the way to your head lights .
:thumbsup:thanks for the info will find the problem sooner or later thanks again:biggrin:

·
Registered
15,701 Posts
in my experience wth my 63, changing all your harnesses and turn signal switch fixes all or most of these problems. it can be a little expensive but well worth it if you and your ranfla are in it for the long haul

·
Registered
15,701 Posts
def gonna change all harness the only way to get it all updated with new wire thanks what part of cali u from
im bout an hour and a half east of you in lodi homie.
ps when you change out your old harnesess remove it one wire at atime so you can immediatley put the new one in place, if you just yank it out youll never remember how it went.
not sure if you done it before or not but just thought id mention it. i replaced all of my harnesses myself doing it like so and it was pretty easy actually. the only harnesses i did not do myself is the two behind the dash those are a bitch. i took it to a shop for those. pss replace your domelight harness before you do your interior. i didnt and ended up having to take down my nicely installed headliner to replace it last weekend, pain in the ass

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im bout an hour and a half east of you in lodi homie.
ps when you change out your old harnesess remove it one wire at atime so you can immediatley put the new one in place, if you just yank it out youll never remember how it went.
not sure if you done it before or not but just thought id mention it. i replaced all of my harnesses myself doing it like so and it was pretty easy actually. the only harnesses i did not do myself is the two behind the dash those are a bitch. i took it to a shop for those. pss replace your domelight harness before you do your interior. i didnt and ended up having to take down my nicely installed headliner to replace it last weekend, pain in the ass
looking up harness were did you get yours , I've been going to hubbards online going to check jc whitney next. got homie in suisan hooking up ride for next spring.I'm going to lrm woodland show sept 25 , you?:thumbsup: Thanks for tha info

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be looking them up next jc whitney had natha, cool woodland show, if it's ok wit u i could throw you my # hit me up at show and meet a local ryder say thanks for info in person.... my wife and I will be there checking out da show

1 - 13 of 13 Posts