LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing in an old issue of street customs a ground disconnect on a switch, and they used a big solenoid to disconnect the ground at the flip of a switch.I found the article, but they dont really tell me what kind of solenoid that is.I asked a tech guy about it and he said I'd need a 'constant use' solenoid, but thats all the input he had. Anyone tell me what kind of solenoid I need? I don't wanna be burning out my emergency disconnect solenoid because i got the wrong kind.

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
that noid looks just like the noids prohopper and lona and sons sell..the heavy duty ones that are like 65 each.....i honestly wouldnt trust that....just my opinion though

·
Registered
795 Posts
i got 4 of these u can actually get them at napa auto parts they r marine heavy duty noids

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
id liketo know how they work. they seem like a good idea, but no one has em. must not work well cuz i read that shit a long time ago.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Sep 4 2005, 09:46 PM~3752359
that noid looks just like the noids prohopper and lona and sons sell..the heavy duty ones that are like 65 each.....i honestly wouldnt trust that....just my opinion though
i dont think i could trust an electrical emergency switch for any electrical system....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts