LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new alpine mp3 player,kicker 600.4,2 sets of 5.25 kicker components,2 12'' subs.all components ran off ft. 2 channels ,2 subs (dual 4 ohm) ran 2 ohm 1 on each rear channel..amp is 2 ohm stable when ran in stereo ......o.k heres the problem i have a whining engine noise from the mids/highs when engine running.i removed the 4 rca inputs from the amp it goes away.... i tried to reground the head unit. same noise.....switched the rca's on the amp from ft. to rear same noise....pulled all the rca's out makinsg sure they didnt cross any other wiring all o.k.......pulling my hair out.....anyone got any suggestions???????

·
Registered
562 Posts
if it doesn't make the noise without the signal wires plugged into the amp it means the noise is coming from before the amp. Try new signal wires.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
you also could have a problem with the amp. if there is a bad trace ground on the circuit board of the amp, that can bring noise in. that happened to me with an EQ. my car battery died and when i jumped it and started my car, all of a sudden i had noise. after a couple of days of trouble-shooting, a guy i worked with suggested the trace ground theory. we took the eq apart, found the bad connection, resoldered it and i was good to go

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Jul 28 2005, 09:53 AM
Don't listen to me, I'm wrong
[snapback]3495860[/snapback]​

If there's no noise when the amp has no signal input it's NOT the amp causing the problem.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 28 2005, 09:44 AM
if it doesn't make the noise without the signal wires plugged into the amp it means the noise is coming from before the amp.  Try new signal wires.
[snapback]3495809[/snapback]​
i tried switching the rca's with new ones noise still present .....could it be a weak body ground???(batt. to body)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by caranto@Jul 28 2005, 11:04 AM
i tried switching the rca's with new ones noise still present .....could it be a weak body ground???(batt. to body)
[snapback]3496252[/snapback]​
Possibly. Did you try GOOD signal cables or just cheap ones?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 28 2005, 08:44 AM
if it doesn't make the noise without the signal wires plugged into the amp it means the noise is coming from before the amp.  Try new signal wires.
[snapback]3495809[/snapback]​

not necessarily.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Jul 28 2005, 11:18 AM
not necessarily.
[snapback]3496377[/snapback]​
If there is no signal input and there is noise it's the amp causing the problem. If there's noise going into the amp it's going to amplify it. If there's no signal input and no noise then the amp is not to bame.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 28 2005, 11:12 AM
Possibly.  Did you try GOOD signal cables or just cheap ones?
[snapback]3496321[/snapback]​
na brand new ones..

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 28 2005, 10:22 AM
If there is no signal input and there is noise it's the amp causing the problem.  If there's noise going into the amp it's going to amplify it.  If there's no signal input and no noise then the amp is not to bame.
[snapback]3496404[/snapback]​

not true. you can have a clean signal going to the amp and if the gains are too high, the whine will come from the amp

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 28 2005, 11:21 AM
shorten the ground wires on the amp
and runn your pwer wires  and rca cables on opposite sides of the car not next to each other
[snapback]3496391[/snapback]​
12'' ground ....... power is on oppisite side than rca's.......

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 28 2005, 12:09 PM
what kinda car is this

do you have condencers on the engine wiring
[snapback]3496702[/snapback]​
db audio............ i think!! it is in a vw eurovan :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
get some sand paper and sand where all ur leads are.
ground, battrey terms,and ur rca conns on ur amp.
and were is ur amp mounted?
drilled into any metal?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by doughboi916@Jul 28 2005, 12:44 PM
get some sand paper and sand where all ur leads are.
ground, battrey terms,and ur rca conns on ur amp.
and were is ur amp mounted?
drilled into any metal?
[snapback]3496953[/snapback]​
it is mounted to the rear of the 3rd row seats it is mounted to the metal but not grounded to where it is mounted it is grounded to the floor below the amp...

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
how about u send me ur system and ill give ill hook it up on my car and see if anything happends

1 - 20 of 28 Posts