LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check this out i got a 4.3 v6 carb motor in my 1996 s10 someone put in. trys to start kinda has spark and its gettin gas but wont go what u think could be problem i think either timing off no compression or i need a new module what u guys think help me out

·
Registered
625 Posts
move your wires on the cap one stud and see what happens. check and make sure your not getting too much gas and its flooding. i had to do both and get a fuel return line to the tank unplugged to get mine to run right.

·
TDMMC
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by ALIAS@Sep 18 2005, 11:25 AM~3837380
check this out i got a 4.3 v6 carb motor in my 1996 s10 someone put in. trys to start kinda  has spark and its gettin gas but wont go what u think could be problem i think either timing off no compression or i need a new module what u guys think help me out
If you are getting fuel and (kinda spark) you might have something as a bad connention.Double check youre coil wire.Is it a Vortec?

·
Triple OG
11,047 Posts
Originally posted by ALIAS@Sep 18 2005, 10:38 PM~3840676
no its not a vortec no i ment on their it kinda trys to start it has spark

where are you from? is it getting cold? It could be the choke is bad or out of adjustment.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
check the starter ... i had what i thought was a good cranking speed ... spark air fuel ... a can of either ...

i ended up pulling the starter ...(after serveral jumps startsthat still didnt light it )
and one of the brush wires had fell off resulting in me getting a new starter

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by pink63impala@Sep 20 2005, 01:39 PM~3849920
TOUCH YOUR FINGER IN THE PLUG,AND HAVE SOMEONE TURN IT OVER, IF IT HURTS REALY BAD, YOUR GETTING GOOD SPARK :0
when your whole hand feels it. you KNOW its good :cool:

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you are going to do that, just touch with 1 hand from the wire to ground. Dont risk it going thru ur heart. Not enough to kill you but.....
Doesnt really work cuz u dont know the diff between 5kv or 10kv.

Check if you got compression.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by pink63impala@Sep 24 2005, 12:26 AM~3875184
its really good when it knocks you down on your ass.me, i sont even fuck with that!nothing scares me more than electricity :biggrin:
one time i got shocked from my ignition key when i went to start my car while it was getting jumped. THAT sucked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts