LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF A 1980 BUICK RIVIERA 350 ENG WILL FIT IN A 1985 BUICK REGAL WITH A 400R TRANNY? IF SO, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THE RIGHT MOUNTS FOR THE BLOCK, SINCE THE RIVI MOUNTS ARE IN THE FRONT OF THE BLOCK DUE TO IT BEING A FWD VEHICLE. THANKS.

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ALOW1@Oct 16 2006, 08:12 PM~6381275
Use the mounts off of a Monte Carlo of the same year.
THANKS BRO, I'LL CHECK IT OUT.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
get some olds mounts from a cutlass with a 307. monte carlo never had a307 olds.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
wait is it a buick 350?

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
if its a small block chevy yeah use the monte mounts. if its a olds 350 use the cutlass ones. if its a buick.....then check the next reply

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks homies, this info really help.

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by warning@Oct 17 2006, 01:19 AM~6382978
wait is it a buick 350?
YEAH, IT'S FROM A BUICK RIVIERA.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
cool I registered on this site to find this info. swapped alot chevys and olds into G-bodys never a buick. So now I know.......

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IT'S ALL GOOD HOMIE. THANKS FOR THE HELP. IF I UNDERSTOOD RIGHT, THE MOUNTS FROM MY V6 WILL GO STRAIGHT ON THE 350 BECAUSE IT'S A BUICK 350, QUE NO?

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another plus for the Buick 350 is all the brackets, belts and accessories will swap over as well from your V6. You'll need to buy american standard bolts to replace the metric bolts used to hold on the brackets, that's all. Take the motor mounts off the V6 and put them on your 350 and drop er in. Browse/search through the "Regals with extra Cylinders" thread.

What about the starter? Also, a Small Block oil pan is not right for the engine and will the flywheel from my V6 do the job. The way I understand "Quote" from the V8buick.com website, everything is good to go as is. Let me know something. Thanks.

·
FULLTIMER
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found out that it's a Olds 350, so the V6 mounts were out of the question and so was the fly wheel. I used the engine mounts from a 1980 Cutlass and the engine sits high, so the fan has to go, electric fan, I know. The promlem is that the back of the engine almost hits the firewall and the tranny dipstick is caught up and stuck. Also, the tranny dipstick is between the heater core outlets and I can't move it cause the engine us up against it, also, what header should I use? Thanks for any and all info.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
did you use the frame mounts frome the same cutlass or just the motor mounts? you need to use both the frame mounts and the motor mounts as a pair.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts