LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

engine swap

516 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  corndawg 
#1 ·
i have a 79 olds cutlass supreme with an olds 260 v8. i want to swap it for a chevy 305. is it hard to do? all i know so far is that i have to replace the mounts. will the wiring be the same? what about the stock tranny that i have? will it fit the 305? will i still be able to smog? plz help. thanx.

#3 ·
it can be done i dont know about the smog and u can get montecarlo mounts.

#4 ·
Originally posted by 79cutsupreme@Jul 31 2005, 08:37 PM
i have a 79 olds cutlass supreme with an olds 260 v8. i want to swap it for a chevy 305. is it hard to do? all i know so far is that i have to replace the mounts. will the wiring be the same? what about the stock tranny that i have? will it fit the 305? will i still be able to smog?  plz help. thanx.
[snapback]3517199[/snapback]​

what tranny do you have? find out if it has a universal bolt pattern. The wiring should be similar and what year engine is it? if it has the smog stuff on it you should be able to smog it.

#5 ·
you might have a metric tranny, you can get an adapter plate for it to fit, or just use a regular chevy trans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.