LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has n e one ever put in a 350 5.7liter v8 in a 86 buick regal. I have that engine and would like to see what are the steps to putting it in and what i need to do to get it all going as soon as possible.Also would i have to put more batt's to my juice to make up for the weight diffrence to the front. thanx if pics are available please post.

Last edited by DiRtYsOuTh ReGaL at Aug 1 2003, 04:18 PM

·
Registered
92 Posts
What size engine is in the car now? I just put a 350 in my 1981 Chevy Caprice, and I had a V6 in there before, so I had to change a few things to get mine to work so it depends what your starting with. I'm new with hydraulics so I can't answer your question about adding more batteries to compensate for the weight difference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fill us in on what you had in the car... After that I can provide you with tips and pictures to install it. Things I need to know...
1)What was in it? 3.8 v6 with 200c transmission?
2)Is it Carburated or Fuel injected both old and new?
You will need both the 350 and its transmission for the swap. If the car was already carb, then stay carb. Going to TBI (fuel injection) requires additional parts, such as ECU (computer) and wiring nightmares and more time to install, but it is possible, I know did that to my regal. Provided that info and gladly give you what you need to get it installed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have a 3.8L V6 with a 200c trans. it is carburator and plan on keepin that way and those pics woud really help thanks. Also radcaddy thanks for the support.

·
Registered
52 Posts
easy swap but a little more than just changing motor mounts use chevrolet v8 engine mounts. also snatch the fan shroud and radiator outta of a monte or something in a junk yard when i did my car i found a monte in a junkyard with a small block in it and robbed every thing fan shroud. raidiator, wireing harness, and all the brackets on the front of the motor alternator ac etc etc... but all in all its a pretty easy swap.... pm me if ya need ill send ya pictures

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by heavenlykid@Jul 21 2009, 03:22 AM~14535000
easy swap but a little more than just changing motor mounts use chevrolet v8 engine mounts. also snatch the fan shroud and radiator outta of a monte or something in a junk yard when i did my car i found a monte in a junkyard with a small block in it and robbed every thing fan shroud. raidiator, wireing harness, and all the brackets on the front of the motor alternator ac etc etc... but all in all its a pretty easy swap.... pm me if ya need ill send ya pictures
y dont u just post em 4 every one,, :cheesy:

·
Registered
378 Posts
did it and the only problem was the fuel pump was on the opposite side of the engine, so i had to hard line it over. i was even able to use my 3.8l trans. i guess they made a multi bolt trans. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
which motor mounts do you use on the block

·
Registered
83 Posts
Originally posted by heavenlykid@Jul 21 2009, 01:22 AM~14535000
yup but i had to move transmission mount and i ran an electric fuel pump and fans

1 - 18 of 18 Posts