LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody one here know how to engrave? I would like to learn how to as a hobby. I am sure I am not the only one. What is the cheapest way to get started? Dremel or pneumatic type engraver? What types of attachments? Transfer paper? Thanks

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
what surface do you plantto engrave

dremmel rotarty tool with diamond tip works good and do it freehand

practice practice practice

·
Registered
39,440 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Oct 13 2007, 12:52 PM~8992667
what surface do you plantto engrave

dremmel rotarty tool with diamond tip works good and do it freehand
practice practice practice
x2 my boy is doing it in is free time :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
WEIRD AS FUCK I WAS THINKIN ABOUT THIS ABOUT 5 HRS AGOAND TOLD MYSELF TO COME HERE AND POST IT BUT ITS ALREADY HERE ~ITHINK YA CAN PRILLY JUST USE A SHARPIE TO DRAW IT ON THEN A DRUMMEL
NO NEED TO TRANSFER JUST DRAW IT RIGHT ON
ALSO HAD A THOUGHT IF THERES LITTLE SURFACE RUST USE LIKE A BELT SANDER TO SMOOTH IT OUT???I ALSO CAN USE A SANDBLASTER,I HAVE A REGAL FRONT BUMPER WITH A 7" RUST SPOT ON THE TOP SO I WANTED TO SAND IT OFF THEN ENGRAVE IT
SO SHOULD I BELTSAND THE RUST SPOT THEN USE REG SANDPAPER FOR THE REST OF IT? OR IS THERE A LIQUID TO MAKE IT EASIER? WHAT DO CHROME SHOPPS USUALLY CHARGE JUST TO CHROME A BUMPER?

:cool:

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
ttt

·
1964 dos patas
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by REGALS ONLY MOBB@Oct 14 2007, 06:48 PM~8998946
WEIRD AS FUCK I WAS THINKIN ABOUT THIS ABOUT 5 HRS AGOAND TOLD MYSELF TO COME HERE AND POST IT BUT ITS ALREADY HERE ~ITHINK YA CAN PRILLY JUST USE A SHARPIE TO DRAW IT ON THEN A DRUMMEL
ALSO HAD A THOUGHT IF THERES LITTLE SURFACE RUST USE LIKE A BELT SANDER TO SMOOTH IT OUT???I ALSO CAN USE A SANDBLASTER,I HAVE A REGAL FRONT BUMPER WITH A 7" RUST SPOT ON THE TOP SO I WANTED TO SAND IT OFF THEN ENGRAVE IT
SO SHOULD I BELTSAND THE RUST SPOT THEN USE REG SANDPAPER FOR THE REST OF IT? OR IS THERE A LIQUID TO MAKE IT EASIER? WHAT DO CHROME SHOPPS USUALLY CHARGE JUST TO CHROME A BUMPER?
Find yourself another bumper. ;)

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
Originally posted by REGALS ONLY MOBB@Oct 14 2007, 06:48 PM~8998946

you need to get that shit professionally polished before you engrave it

over here talking about a belt sander, tas loco homeboy :loco:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was hoping u knew what kind of paper these pro engravers use to get desings on stuff. I like the paisley that people do onto rims and handles and stuff. Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Originally posted by khunkibutfunki@Oct 16 2007, 10:17 PM~9019440
I was hoping u knew what kind of paper these pro engravers use to get desings on stuff. I like the paisley that people do onto rims and handles and stuff. Thanks for your help
always wondered what kind of paper to get :dunno:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wut kind of Dremel is better?

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
some of the badass engravers like Terrera charge $200+ per hour, with a large minimum and have a 6-12 month waiting period.

some gun engravers charge upwards of $400+ per hour and have a 3 year wait.

THESE GUYS DONT GIVE OUT THEIR SECRETS EITHER. MOST OF WHAT THEY HAVE LEARNED HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THROUGH MANY GENERATIONS THAT CAN BE TRACED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL COUNTRY THEIR ANCESTORS ARE FROM.

you cant buy that in a book. ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
I picked up a Dremel engraver yesterday. I bought a Diamond Tip tool instead of the carbide tip it comes with. Carbide is only good for softer metals. Been freehanding some designs on scrap metal. Comes out pretty decent.

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
Originally posted by Sin7@Oct 23 2007, 01:45 PM~9066281
I picked up a Dremel engraver yesterday. I bought a Diamond Tip tool instead of the carbide tip it comes with. Carbide is only good for softer metals. Been freehanding some designs on scrap metal. Comes out pretty decent.
yeah them diamond bits only cut in so much tho.

you realy need to learn how to gouge the metal really deep first. and has top be plished for a chrome like finish to go on before its done. the nickle n chrome n polish again

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Oct 24 2007, 03:15 PM~9074700
yeah them diamond bits only cut in so much tho.

you realy need to learn how to gouge the metal really deep first. and has top be plished for a chrome like finish to go on before its done. the nickle n chrome n polish again
True...... :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts