LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i got my confirmation that im gonna be indoors at the lrm chicago show. i think my dads jealous cuz he wanted his car indoors LOL..but bikes are gonna be somewhere different anyways...

SO...ive never displayed a bike before & i dont want somethin super crazy. i just want it to be simple. the bike is simple, so keep the display simple - i dont wanna loose points for not having a display.

ive heard yall take the spring out, should i too? ive already got an idea of what i want the peddle the lean on, but i just dont know what to use for/in a display....i have no name or theme for my bike either lol.

throw me some ideas please!! ;) :cheesy:

btw, im gonna be gone the rest of the day so if i dont respond its cuz im gone, thanks ;)

Last edited by 96 impala girl at Aug 2 2003, 01:18 PM

·
Registered
434 Posts
I dont have a lowrider bike myself lol, but maybe you could drape a pice of orange fabrick around your bike and maybe put some mirrors around it. Thats just an idea.

-twin :) :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
uhm go 2 home depot n they got som type of rug that come in colors its like 1 dollar a square foot they got a nice one thats black with chrome flakes... u should get that... and they also sell the 1sqaure foot mirrors... buy a pack of those they are like 17 dollars for 20 mirrors and then... make yourslef some wooden stands to go around the bike that go to a party place and get thatr ribbon thats orange and white or w.e. colors u want.. then put it from stand to stand and then just get alot of shit from party store like lil decorations n shit... ohhhhh some orasnge glitter on that black rug i good thats wut i do for my car...lol another thing like confetti strips... i duno wut they called they like the strips for christmas treess... some of thast in oragn e would look good

·
Registered
444 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Aug 2 2003, 11:25 AM
maybe get some sand and a beachball and some of those little plastic buckets and shovels that kids play with in the sand and do a beach theme since your bike kinda has that "SUNSET" theme going on :puffin:

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!
i like this idea...

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by JmG+Aug 2 2003, 03:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmG @ Aug 2 2003, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Aug 2 2003, 11:25 AM
maybe get some sand and a beachball and some of those little plastic buckets and shovels that kids play with in the sand and do a beach theme since your bike kinda has that "SUNSET" theme going on :puffin:

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!
i like this idea...[/b][/quote]
i thought it would be kinda cute for a girl too, it would kinda round out the whole package ya know what i mean? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid (or Sweetie ;) ) j/k Mad M.

go with a simple and clean display. line the floor with some 1' x 1' mirrors, maybe 4' x 6' mirror display. some orange glitter, a pumpkin or a orange. whatever theme you have going with your bike.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
GO FOR IT! :thumbsup: hope u bring home some cash or a trophy :wave:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I have the "natural high" theme for my lowrider bicycle and for the display I have just sand or either a green rug and I have pot leaves, and mirrors... And I just have a small short sign saying the name, owner, who built it and everything else... ANd yeha just drop the sping and prop it up on the pedal... It'll look good, I'm sure... But do remember one thing... Don't ever, ever, ever! Ever! EVER! Turn the forks really tight when the spring is out or else the forks will hit your frame and chip your paint to hell... Good Luck! ;)

BTW: I know how you're feeling, I'm showing my bike right now at a show and so far I got 1st place mild but if somebody with a better bike register's tomarrow then I could get dropped to 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even not place.. :0 The thought scares the sit out of me considering that "Villens" C.C. is supposed to be showing their bikes tomarrow and they got some kick ass bikes... :( :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Originally posted by Lowridingmike@Aug 2 2003, 09:23 PM
I have the "natural high" theme for my lowrider bicycle and for the display I have just sand or either a green rug and I have pot leaves, and mirrors... And I just have a small short sign saying the name, owner, who built it and everything else... ANd yeha just drop the sping and prop it up on the pedal... It'll look good, I'm sure... But do remember one thing... Don't ever, ever, ever! Ever! EVER! Turn the forks really tight when the spring is out or else the forks will hit your frame and chip your paint to hell... Good Luck! ;)

BTW: I know how you're feeling, I'm showing my bike right now at a show and so far I got 1st place mild but if somebody with a better bike register's tomarrow then I could get dropped to 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even not place.. :0 The thought scares the sit out of me considering that "Villens" C.C. is supposed to be showing their bikes tomarrow and they got some kick ass bikes... :( :biggrin:
ur bike is a mild? i thought it was a street?

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000+Aug 3 2003, 07:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (b_boy02000 @ Aug 3 2003, 07:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Lowridingmike@Aug 2 2003, 09:23 PM
I have the "natural high" theme for my lowrider bicycle and for the display I have just sand or either a green rug and I have pot leaves, and mirrors...  And I just have a small short sign saying the name, owner, who built it and everything else...  ANd yeha just drop the sping and prop it up on the pedal...  It'll look good, I'm sure...  But do remember one thing...  Don't ever, ever, ever! Ever! EVER! Turn the forks really tight when the spring is out or else the forks will hit your frame and chip your paint to hell...  Good Luck! ;)

BTW: I know how you're feeling, I'm showing my bike right now at a show and so far I got 1st place mild but if somebody with a better bike register's tomarrow then I could get dropped to 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even not place.. :0   The thought scares the sit out of me considering that "Villens" C.C. is supposed to be showing their bikes tomarrow and they got some kick ass bikes... :(  :biggrin:
ur bike is a mild? i thought it was a street?[/b][/quote]
It is street but they only have 2 classes, mild and wild so I went with the lower class.. I ain't sweatin it though because despite the name it really street, anybody with frame mods has to go in wild.

But hopefully after this winter they'll be like "Hmm, I think we should put it in a car class!" ;)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
yea thats cool man, i got my first trophy at the last portlan lowrider mag show. it was my firts time showing and i think i did pretty dam well. ima go for 1st next year, now that i know what i gota do

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Aug 3 2003, 07:53 AM
yea thats cool man, i got my first trophy at the last portlan lowrider mag show. it was my firts time showing and i think i did pretty dam well. ima go for 1st next year, now that i know what i gota do
What did you get at the Portland show? I'm hopng for a 1st place trophy to put on the shelf but would be happy to get anything! Competition is fierce in Louisville... They got everything from muraled up street frames to a biek from villens completely made from Fiberglass. :0

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
i got 3rd place in the stret custom class.ima com back nezt year with a multimedia display and more neonz GOIN FOR THA GOLD. then in like a year or 2 i will have my truck nice enuf to sho. jus gotta wait for thoes fuckers at the shop to call me and tell me to come pik it up/

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everybody for your ideas, they really helped me alot.

i forgot about the name plate or birth plate as some call em...dammit. my dads gettin one made up for his car, never thought to get one for mine..i figured since its a bike it doesnt really need one :dunno: its not like i couldnt get one done, i know someone who does that kinda crap. or i could do one up on the computer & stick it in a picture frame? :cheesy:

i like the sand idea lol. i dont know how thrilled theyd be about some sand LOL. if anything id get a carpet & put the sand on it lol. less worry of them bitching about sand on the floor lmao. i thought of mirrors too, but i dont see the point of setting them up around my bike.... theres nothin really bling bling about it....

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
put some clear plastic or a tarp on the floor first. im sure you's prolly have that stuff at the shop that you can "borrow" even ;)
as long as you clean it up i dont see why they would mind.
to be honest the sand is ALOT easier to sweep up than glitter and i see glitter all over the floor at these shows all the time.

did i mention how much of a pain in the ass glitter is? lol
i would kinda like to see that though.... you all walking around with glitter all over you like a stripper and stuff ;) lol

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm we do have clear plastic at work...could use that. it would be a snap to clean up, just pull the plastic up & your done! no sweeping sand..unless its got a hole in it lol. i hope you can purchase sand in small amounts or im gonna be stealin from a park.

i hate glitter cuz it sticks to everything! i do not wanna be walkin around like a stripper!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

i was actually thinkin of addin some orange glitter to the sand...thought that would be cool....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts