LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
stripping the car to bare metal is so you KNOW what you got and what materials are on there, plus old cars with lacquer, and new paints of today dont comingle if you know what i mean, checking, crows feat, peeling are just a few things that could occur.

as for what is the best epoxy, i'm not gonna try and tell you that, and nobody can, its really all about personal preference, obviously there are better ones than other, and if your going over bare metal its not the place to cheap out, so go with a good brand.

personally i prefer dupont 2580s, or ppg dp40 for bare metal.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Sep 26 2007, 07:23 PM~8876404
stripping the car to bare metal is so you  KNOW what you got and what materials are on there, plus old cars with lacquer, and new paints of today dont comingle if you know what i mean, checking, crows feat, peeling are just a few things that could occur.

as for what is the best epoxy, i'm not gonna try and tell you that, and nobody can, its really all about personal preference, obviously there are better ones than other, and if your going over bare metal its not the place to cheap out, so go with a good brand.

thanks man
ill look into those stuff

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Sep 26 2007, 06:23 PM~8876404
stripping the car to bare metal is so you  KNOW what you got and what materials are on there, plus old cars with lacquer, and new paints of today dont comingle if you know what i mean, checking, crows feat, peeling are just a few things that could occur.

I just sprayed that on some old Shovel Head fenders. Dries fast and sands like chalk... I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts