LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that have done the Caprice lights in the Regal. Did you have to chop up the header behind the lights for the whole Caprice assembley to sit in. I have some lights not Caprice sure they will work but fuck looks like all I had to do was trim the headlight bezels but when I got to it I have to cut out everything in the headlight holes on the header.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
everyody else is probly trying to see how it's done too. I only seen this on one reagal on one of the truccha video and untill now I thought I dream that sH!t :biggrin:

·
Registered
554 Posts
A guy in texas that was selling his regal on here did the caprice headlight converstion, Forget his name now but he was telling me it was pretty tricky trying to get the lights to fit just right!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
you guys talkin about the solid rectangular caprice/euro monte like headlights?

i talked to one guy, he said you have to cut the middle separator on the headlight bezels, the wiring was a little tricky and aligning them was tricky..

other than that, if you were up close lookin at the bezel, you can see where you cut the middle separator, it leaves a hole unless you mount the lights close to the edge enough to cover the bottom hole..

i chatted with someone about it, but i deleted the pms, i was gonna do it on my regal

it was the guy the with the blood red regal with red top, his firewall was immaculately painted red and his engine was super clean v6.
had red wires, looked real nice.. i got pictures somewhere.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 3 2005, 05:38 PM

it was the guy the with the blood red regal with red top, his firewall was immaculately painted red and his engine was super clean v6.
had red wires, looked real nice..  i got pictures somewhere.
[snapback]3536879[/snapback]​

yeah i was talking to that homie.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 3 2005, 06:48 PM~3536928
heres a few i found in my collection of regal pictures..
i prolly got more, just didnt look long enough..

is this what your talkin about?
Yeap thats what I speak of except I'm trying to get em to fit flush not reccesed. ;)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
anyone figure this out?
we need some details on what parts to use, wiring diagrams, etc...

i'm anxious to try this modification

i found out regals from the 80 year have bezels that arent seperated in the middle, maybe we can use those with solid 1 piece lights??

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 15 2005, 01:17 PM~3627440
anyone figure this out?
we need some details on what parts to use, wiring diagrams, etc...

i'm anxious to try this modification

i found out regals from the 80 year have bezels that arent seperated in the middle, maybe we can use those with solid 1 piece lights??
but you get a seperator on the turn signal. 85s you dont. the turn signal wraps around. it looks more like the monte. :dunno: look at the corner turn signal on the top regal then the turn signal on the blue one. i think the blue one looks cleaner. just my opinion tho ;)

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
15,756 Posts
the only prob with flush mounting them is the bulbs point at the sky

1 - 20 of 110 Posts