LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nissan Altima, 2004. 14 in wires, pinstripping, billit grill, dressed engine, custom fiberglass trunk w/ pinstripping, and lambo doors... There is truth to what ppl say, Euro means european, and maybe they should change it to "Import". However, on a further degree. How many bmw, mercedes, and saabs have you seen as a lowrider? Not that many, huh? Euro lowrider was a term created to judge all the new generation lowriders. A per say "IMPORT" and a "EURO LOWRIDER" are two different types of cars. An "IMPORT" is something out of fast n furious, NOSed out, Turbo charged, with Graphics and 20 inch giovanni wheels. A "EURO LOWRIDER" is simply a new age lowrider with a custom paint job, some pinstriping and 13 or 14 in wires. Putting those two together is like throwing out the Lowrider class and jus judging HOTRODS and LOWRIDERS as one. These two use the same cars, some do the same things..however a lowrider has hydros. You see more lowriders out there with huge motors and blowers coming out the hood, but they are still lowriders....where would the fairness be in judging imports and euro lowriders as one if it is not done with hot rods and lowriders? Is a hot rod not a lowrider? Thus, the name, "low rod?" They both lay low. Anyway.....you can't compare these vehicles. The IMPORT and EURO LOWRIDER are from different lifestyles, as do HOT RODS and LOWRIDERS. I disagree with being CLASSIFIED as an IMPORT, I live the LOWRIDER lifestyle. Anyone feel the same.. or oppose? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
well euro just means the frontwheel driven strutcars, the word was created in the late 80s to seperate the new kinda lowriders from those days from the traditional lowriders. Maybe the word euro doesnt pinpoint the location from where most of these cars origionally came from, but its still the name of these kinda lowriders, has nothing to do with import, thats ricershit.

I do wanna say that to me, the euro-scene is SHIT these days, those typical 90s euros with the chromed enginebays, velvet interiors, wild paintjobs, reversed wheels, custom tricks, those looked sick, where are the days people actually build this instead of calling it a day by just throwing some wheels and hydraulics in a car?? Today`s `euros` usually have the same fucking tuningbumpers the import versions have, the only difference is different wheels and airride instead of hydraulics, its all getting mixed up, even cars with alloys wheels and airride are bein called lowrider, i think thats the real problem ;)

if you see a euro like this:

it maybe a matter of taste if you like it or not, but its very fucking clear its done in the lowriderstyle not the importstyle you see what im saying?

·
Registered
164 Posts
THIS IS A LONG STORY.... I ALREADY ASKED BOUT EURO IN LOWRIDER CAR CLUBS...... BUT THE FUNNY THING IS THAT I JUST DID SOME RESEARCHED AND FOUND THAT MANY OF THE EUROS LIKE ALTIMAS MAXIMAS AND ACCORDS NOW A DAYS ARE BEING MANUFACTURED HERE IN THE US. THAT MAKES THEM EXPORTS SO NOW WHAT CLASS WOULD THEY FIT IN. EXPORT LOWS????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a question, "what category should I be placed in?" The thing is its's up to the judges style. I get put in euro, Subcompact, & 90's. I know it's different but the thing is the last two L.G shows i've been to, the same judge has judged me. Well he assumes the car is the same so he doesn't really look up and down at the car and he judges me from the previous show. How do I place 2nd in semi-custom in the Bakersfield Nationals, and third at last years L.G Fresno Cali-State Championships?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey, thanx for replying.. i just had a quick comment and question about my ride.. shit, i thought this would be posted for a day..but fooled me and lasted the weekend. for those who hate on the mere sight of a topic, why even take the time? its individuals like you who make this world a bitter place. i guess its the compensation of something u lack in life?? being an arrogant, sarcastic ass won't get u anywhere in life.
anyway, onedownlowrider.. i actually started in the import scene as a model temp for import tuner. as time passed.. 7-8 years later, i wanted to be part of an organization oriented to family. i did some work for the lowrider street magazines.. i guess that wasnt enough.. so, i started working on my car. "classe". so, yeah, im pretty much new to the judging and jist of the shows. in response to your question, it seems as though the jugde already had a predisposition of your car from the previous show and took it upon himself to give you 3rd place since you won a second place trophy prior. OR the judging may have been based on a different criteria? when i attend a show, i'm always put in with the imports. u cannot compare my car to ppl who invest thousands in theirs.. (thats another story..) y do ppl classify themselves as "street" when u know for damn sure your shit is "mild"?? As for categories.. its usually, euro, 4 door lux, lux, or 4 door lowrider.. i hope u are able to find a category for ur ride.. best of luck to u!

CLASSIFIED S.G.V.
MEMBER: SHARON ANDERSEN

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Originally posted by onedownlowrider@Sep 19 2005, 11:07 PM~3848147
I have a question, "what category should I be placed in?" The thing is its's up to the judges style. I get put in euro, Subcompact, & 90's. I know it's different but the thing is the last two L.G shows i've been to, the same judge has judged me. Well he assumes the car is the same so he doesn't really look up and down at the car and he judges me from the previous show. How do I place 2nd in semi-custom in the Bakersfield Nationals, and third at last years L.G Fresno Cali-State Championships?
could it be that there were 2 others cars that racked up more points than you the last time versus the time you placed 2nd?

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
yeah..back in the days it was still unclear...one time I took 1st place sub compact....then 1st place Euro....then 1st place American Sub compact...... that's 3 different categories in 3 weeks...heheheheeh...

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
:biggrin:

Attachments

·
LUXLIFER
25,439 Posts
Originally posted by onedownlowrider@Sep 20 2005, 12:10 AM~3848165
[attachmentid=282788]
Slightly off topic. But where was this pic taken. The little Blazer in the back looks familiar, but I took this in Salt Lake. Looks like in this pic the plate is a California one. Just wondering if they are the same :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
[attachmentid=285154]This pic was taken in Bakersfield this year at the Lowrider Nationals. Yes it is the same blazer, he is in our club but he just recently moved. Thanks for posting it up, maybe he'll start a new chapter up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Originally posted by onedownlowrider@Sep 22 2005, 01:01 AM~3863001
[attachmentid=285154]This pic was taken in Bakersfield this year at the Lowrider Nationals. Yes it is the same blazer, he is in our club but he just recently moved. Thanks for posting it up, maybe he'll start a new chapter up there.
DOES YOUR HOMIE WANT TO SELL THAT.....OR MAYB HE WANTS A CHROME ROLLIN CHASIS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts