LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm looking to juice my daily 86 regal. Just looking to get a few inches off the ground and possibly park it in 3 wheel. Not looking to do a full blown show car setup or even hop it against other cars, just using it as a toy basically.

I'm pretty set on getting a pro-hopper competition setup with 8" in front and 10" cylinders in rear. 2 pumps, 4 dumps, 10 switch box. I'm still undecided on 4 or 6 batteries. I'll be having the rear humps reinforced for sure, what else should i definately get reinforced? I've done a bunch of research and figure i'll use a coil over setup since it's a daily. I'm still undecided on getting accumulators though. Should i be replacing ball joints, tie rods, etc before having it juiced? Any suggestions, comments, info, etc is appreciated.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, i'm not looking to get a new driveshaft. Would i be able to put 12" or even 14" cylinders in the rear still? how about 10" in the front? Is it worth the extra $$$ on a street ride?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Aug 20 2005, 11:18 PM~3663757
First off, I'm looking to juice my daily 86 regal.  Just looking to get a few inches off the ground and possibly park it in 3 wheel.  Not looking to do a full blown show car setup or even hop it against other cars, just using it as a toy basically.

I'm pretty set on getting a pro-hopper competition setup with 8" in front and 10" cylinders in rear.  2 pumps, 4 dumps, 10 switch box.  I'm still undecided on 4 or 6 batteries.  I'll be having the rear humps reinforced for sure, what else should i definately get reinforced?  I've done a bunch of research and figure i'll use a coil over setup since it's a daily.  I'm still undecided on getting accumulators though.  Should i be replacing ball joints, tie rods, etc before having it juiced? Any suggestions, comments, info, etc is appreciated.
4 batts will get u a power 3 wheel i dont think a standing tho

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
My Regal runs 8"s up front and 10"s out back. I can power 3 wheel but not stand 3. As for what to reinforce, your front spring pockets and a-arm mounts would be good. Also the belly under the engine. It is also good to replace your ball joints and bushings as well. ;)

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I m going to start putting juice on my friends cutlass I m going to startt the install next weekend I will take pics on how to do it. :biggrin: We are going to do 2 pumps,4 dumps and 4 batteries ;)

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, i'll be going with 6 batteries, 2 pumps, dumps, not sure on the accumulators yet(probably will since it'll be a daily car). I'll have the rear humps, a-arm mounts, and front spring pockets.

For what i'm looking to get, just for the pro-hopper set-up, how much should i be looking at spending just for parts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts