LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would u put on a tahoe how many speakers how many amps subs..???etc etc im starting the system on my tahoe i need ideas my first system.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My Homie had 4 15" Kicker Comp CVR DVC's in his 03' Tahoe w/2 Punch 1000's on them and a Punch 800 on his highs.......that shit was mad loud, hit all the high's and low's

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
if i were u. i would start with the head unit, a nice indash with gps. a few headrests then i would move to the front stage, some 6.5 components in both front and rear doors. then i would probably do some thing like 3 10"s or 12"s so i wouldnt take up to much space and i still had some kinda storage room in the back. everyone can list out all kinds of brands but you'll never know until you get out to a few shops and listen to how shit knocks for yourself remember someone can have a kicker comp in there honda and it sound tight but it might not sound that great in the tahoe because you dont have a trunk and you got alot more airspace, it all depends on the vehicle application really hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
6.5" component set and 6" midbass sealed up in each door
150-250w per door
pair of 18's in the cargo area in a ported box tuned to 30hz or so
1000-2000w per sub
very good alarm w/proper install

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
a pioneer, panasonic, or jvc headunit (multi media one)

6.5" components in the front doors, and back doors (i dont like kick panels)

2 amplifiers, one for front and rear components(4 speakers total), and one for sub

1 15" in a snail shell enclosure(i just gained knowledge on this type of enclosure, in my eyes, they are bad-ass) i would build a fiberglass "covering" around the snail shell so it looks like the sub is trying to bust through the bottom of the floor from underneath the vehicle (if you understand what im saying) or some twisted shit like that...

-qs

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I guess everyone is gonna ride the nuts off snail shell enclosures on this forum now...
Unless you know how to calculate them, and you can build it with exact precision, they won't be any better than a ported box, or worse. There really isn't anything special about a "snail shell", except the rename of what it was 40 years ago, a "folded horn".

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 24 2005, 04:41 PM~3685232
I guess everyone is gonna ride the nuts off snail shell enclosures on this forum now...
Unless you know how to calculate them, and you can build it with exact precision, they won't be any better than a ported box, or worse. There really isn't anything special about a "snail shell", except the rename of what it was 40 years ago, a  "folded horn".
design me one so i can build it and prove u right :cool:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 24 2005, 07:41 PM~3685232
Unless you know how to calculate them, and you can build it with exact precision, they won't be any better than a ported box, or worse. There really isn't anything special about a "snail shell", except the rename of what it was 40 years ago, a  "folded horn".
did you post this twice>????

and about the snail shell, whats wrong with giving brahma subs, XXX subs, and ported enclosures nuts a break from excessive riding from posters in this forum?

im definetly ready to try one out (not build, but hear it)...

i would like to compare 4 enclosures (bandpass, sealed, ported, & brahma's favorite, snail shell) using the same subwoofer (most likely a 12"er)...[most likely will never happen though]

the shit got me bought, if i had the knowledge and space, i would be in the garage right now with wood and power tools...

-qs

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 25 2005, 04:52 PM~3691702
did you post this twice>????

and about the snail shell, whats wrong with giving brahma subs, XXX subs, and ported enclosures nuts a break from excessive riding from posters in this forum?

im definetly ready to try one out (not build, but hear it)...

i would like to compare 4 enclosures (bandpass, sealed, ported, & brahma's favorite, snail shell) using the same subwoofer (most likely a 12"er)...[most likely will never happen though]

the shit got me bought, if i had the knowledge and space, i would be in the garage right now with wood and power tools...

-qs
mmm...folded transmission line....
http://www.quarter-wave.com/Gallery/Pedro_TL.jpg

oh..back loaded horn...
http://www.quarter-wave.com/Gallery/Paul_Norton_BLH.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts