LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

example system for a tahoe

871 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  1ofaknd 
a pioneer, panasonic, or jvc headunit (multi media one)

6.5" components in the front doors, and back doors (i dont like kick panels)

2 amplifiers, one for front and rear components(4 speakers total), and one for sub

1 15" in a snail shell enclosure(i just gained knowledge on this type of enclosure, in my eyes, they are bad-ass) i would build a fiberglass "covering" around the snail shell so it looks like the sub is trying to bust through the bottom of the floor from underneath the vehicle (if you understand what im saying) or some twisted shit like that...

-qs

Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 24 2005, 07:41 PM~3685232
I guess everyone is gonna ride the nuts off snail shell enclosures on this forum now...
Unless you know how to calculate them, and you can build it with exact precision, they won't be any better than a ported box, or worse. There really isn't anything special about a "snail shell", except the rename of what it was 40 years ago, a  "folded horn".
did you post this twice>????

and about the snail shell, whats wrong with giving brahma subs, XXX subs, and ported enclosures nuts a break from excessive riding from posters in this forum?

im definetly ready to try one out (not build, but hear it)...

i would like to compare 4 enclosures (bandpass, sealed, ported, & brahma's favorite, snail shell) using the same subwoofer (most likely a 12"er)...[most likely will never happen though]

the shit got me bought, if i had the knowledge and space, i would be in the garage right now with wood and power tools...

-qs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.