LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a dual exhaust something nice like a flowmaster but i'm having trouble finding one. any ideas besides custom? for a 98 mercury grand marquis...

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
go to a muffler shop and get a custom dual exhaust with flowmasters

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Aug 11 2005, 07:25 PM~3596289
those cars aren't exactly considered high-performance so you'd be hard-pressed to find somebody that make a performance exhaust system for it
unless you get the pipes from a police package crown victoria.... ;)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Aug 12 2005, 04:47 AM~3602685
unless you get the pipes from a police package crown victoria.... ;)
you know for sure they are different? if anything i'd think they'd just be a heavier guage metal, not higher flowing

·
Registered
787 Posts
take you car to muffler shop

your factory exaust manifold leads to you catalytic converters

after you cats they will cut off everything from the oxygen sensors behind the cats
back

now have them weld in new 2" or 2.5 " muffler pipe and weld up 2 spin tech pro street mufflers then from the mufflers they can put a new over the axel pipe 2" or 2.5" whatever you choose and then you can weld in new tips either dumping behind rear wheels or straight out back

thanks

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Aug 12 2005, 03:35 PM~3605411
you know for sure they are different? if anything i'd think they'd just be a heavier guage metal, not higher flowing
police package crown victorias (that ive seen) have stock duals... from the manifolds...

obviously higher flowing than stock, but probably not close to what you'd get from a custom setup...

i would go outside and measure the pipes, but i just got rid of my crown vic yesterday..... :( :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts