LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if i have stock dual exhaust vehicle but only one high perfromance (loud) muffler would i have problems if i ran only one pipe with the preformace muffler and one pipe stock? thanks

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Not any noticeable problems, other then sound. One pipe will sound better then the other. Performance might also suffer, but probably not enough for you to notice.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean if one is flowing alot more air than the other? it wont throw off timing or discharge or anything?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
wow... thats ghetto. It shouldnt be a problem because your not getting bigger pipes or anything down just one side. The air will find the path of least resistant nde the rest will just go thru the other side.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jul 26 2003, 04:48 PM
ok if i have stock dual exhaust vehicle but only one high perfromance (loud) muffler would i have problems if i ran only one pipe with the preformace muffler and one pipe stock? thanks
what are the laws there like for exhaust? if emissions arent a big problem and sound isnt just use straight pipes it will be loud and give you the highest performance

but check your laws first or be prepared to get pulled

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by rlnd909+Jul 31 2003, 11:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rlnd909 @ Jul 31 2003, 11:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jul 26 2003, 04:48 PM
what are the laws there like for exhaust? if emissions arent a big problem and sound isnt just use straight pipes it will be loud and give you the highest performance

but check your laws first or be prepared to get pulled[/b][/quote]
straight pipes won't help performance on a street car. you need backpressure for the engine to run properly and straight pipes also sound like shit.
:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts