LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am gonna be painting my ride in the next 3-4 mos and have the intention to go with a green paintjob. Thing is that i dont want it to be a straight green look more like a yellow green(not lime) to true grass green as you round a corner or see it at an angle. I also plan to top it off with Blue-Green kameleon pearl flake. Now my question is what HOK paint would i need to get the greens im talkin about. This is gonna be a kandy, so would i want to do it in this order:

> primed
> orion silver base
> lighter green ??
> darker green kandy??
> clear
> KPF
> clear

Heres a thread that has the image of the type of greens im looking for:
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...b3cb617b5ad5170
I looked at the comments that were given on the job but thought i would try and get some more opinions since i dont want a pearl but rather a kandy.
thanks for any help

later

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
You can do a kandy lime gold over planet green base.......Or you can intermix these colors here using silver as a base : mix 3 to 5 parts lime gold with 1 part organic green , Then add your appropriate amount of catalyst ...... That should darken the lime gold just a bit to a nice lime green for ya.....Try & mix em in small quanities first ;)

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Aug 26 2003, 10:51 AM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** TRU DAT !!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks alot guys. That clears it up, but after looking into more paints I realized that Im in love with the KPF(blue-green) like shown on the innate site where they painted that streched tank. I called them yesterday and found out just how expensive this is gonna be though :uh: oh, well you get what you pay for---uh, right?? ;)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by peezy@Aug 27 2003, 08:18 AM
hey thanks alot guys. That clears it up, but after looking into more paints I realized that Im in love with the KPF(blue-green) like shown on the innate site where they painted that streched tank. I called them yesterday and found out just how expensive this is gonna be though :uh: oh, well you get what you pay for---uh, right?? ;)
post a pic of that color

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey man, take a look HERE

shit is sweet, but i got no time to post the pics.
later :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts