LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna know how much to extend my upper a arms and im not sure how much to extend 3/4" ..1"??? im clueless thanx guys

·
Registered
407 Posts
do them 1". what kind of car do you have?

Last edited by caprice man at Dec 19 2003, 07:37 PM

·
Registered
407 Posts
opps my bad 89 caddy. i have some a arms already extended 1" for sale $40 + shipping . they aren't nothing fancy just cut in half with 1" extension. Hit me up if you want them ;)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i always recomend going 1'', and if that is too much for you, shim them back with washers. (between the arm and the frame) that way if you ever want more, you can take the washers out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
got an81 coupe here and i would go with what CP said just go an inch and shim them back with 1/2 washers about 3 on each bolt between the a-arm and the backside of your shock tower ,if you ever start to butterfly then take them out as you need ..are you strapped or is your front shock towers been pounded down...are ya hoppin with it...i did an inch on mine and my i heated and pounded down my shock towers to allow the a-arm to hang lower when its locked up in front...and mine is still shimmed at about 3/4 and i hop mine alot..but my belly is strapped which is something you need to do if your hoppin with it..if not youwill probably be pullin them shims out very often...i'm in the very low 40's in a single pump.....and 10 batteries on 13's..175's...3.8 v-6

:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts