LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK MY 94 LINCOLN TOWNCAR IS NOTCHED IN THE REAR, WHEN WE LOWER IT ALL THE WAY THE REAR BEGINS TO PUSH FOWARD, MAKING THE TIRES HIT THE SIDE WHEEL WELL QUICKER, AND WHEN FULLY DUMPED THE TIRE ISNT IN THE MIDDLE ITS CLOSER TO THE REAR DOOR..... IF I LENGHTN THE TRALING AMRS WILL IT KEEP THE AXLE CENTERED MORE WHEN SLAMMED? , CAN I USE A 4 LINK??? A LADDER AR??? OR CAN I SIMPLE JUST MOVE THE MOUNTS???

Last edited by TUXNUTZ at Nov 30 2003, 07:26 AM

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
What size cylinders have you got in the rear? If you have a tall ass cylinder, towards the end of its extention, yes, it will pull the axle toward the rear doors b/c of the limited amount of travel of the trailing arms.
If this is the case, might have to look at smaller cylinders or smaller wheels...... :dunno:

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Nov 30 2003, 11:01 AM
What size cylinders have you got in the rear? If you have a tall ass cylinder, towards the end of its extention, yes, it will pull the axle toward the rear doors b/c of the limited amount of travel of the trailing arms.
If this is the case, might have to look at smaller cylinders or smaller wheels...... :dunno:
dreday u have any pics for me of the caprice yet???? ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
your axle moves in an arc around the pivot point at the front of the arm.........................

the longer the arm the less tight the arc will be so the less back/front movement there will be.................

try drawing an arc with a compass/paper and see the arc shape with a 1" circle and a 2" circle.................................... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts