LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that the external accumalators arent any good, that they slow down your system, im thinkin of trying one out but i wold like to know more about them

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you can run a "block off vale" (dump valve) before the accumulator, and have a switch on the box that controls them, so when you're hitting switches, the accumulators are taken out of the circuit, and when you want smooth, just flip the switch back again..

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
or a manual shut off as well.

the a dump or electrive valve like mr. mac says its nice. alot of the euro homies have this kind of set up.

:),

cc

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no no no you guys are confused, i could really care less about the ride quality, i tlaking about for hopping purposes ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Oct 22 2003, 07:50 PM
no no no you guys are confused, i could really care less about the ride quality, i tlaking about for hopping purposes ;)
Just turn off the acc whenever u wanna HOP!!!!
It may affect performance but hey turn it off when u want to hop

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 22 2003, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 22 2003, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Equipped Customs@Oct 22 2003, 07:50 PM
It may affect performance but hey turn it off when u want to hop[/b][/quote]
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Oct 22 2003, 06:50 PM
if you care less about the ride quality then don't get them homie.

with accums you can get a nice ride, and then shut your vavles when you hop.

but if you want a hopper, then don't even install them.

:),

cc

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 22 2003, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 22 2003, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Equipped Customs@Oct 22 2003, 07:50 PM
It may affect performance but hey turn it off when u want to hop[/b][/quote]
homie, your'e thinkin of RIDE ROCKETS. u cant turn off any accumulator. if u have an accumulator, youre lookin at a smooth ride not back bumper action.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller+Oct 22 2003, 08:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SinCityRoller @ Oct 22 2003, 08:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 08:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Equipped Customs
@Oct 22 2003, 07:50 PM

homie, your'e thinkin of RIDE ROCKETS. u cant turn off any accumulator. if u have an accumulator, youre lookin at a smooth ride not back bumper action.[/b][/quote]
YOU OBVIOULSY DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN GET 4 REGULAR ACCUMLATORS AND PUT IN A SLOWDOWN VALVE AND BAM THE ACCUMLATOR IS SHUT OFF/ON BY TURNING THE HANDLE CLOCKWISE AND COUNTERCLOSE WISE NOW U CAN INCREASE YOUR PERFORMANCE IN HOPPING.....

HEY I'VE BEEN STUDYING SO MAYBE U SHOULD STUDY MORE ABOUT HYDRAULIC BEFORE U CAN CORRECT ME THANK YOU

I AGREE WITH CRUZ IF U DON'T CARE ABOUT RIDE QUALITY THENN DON'T INSTALL IT :angry:

Last edited by 857baller at Oct 22 2003, 08:13 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller+Oct 22 2003, 10:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SinCityRoller @ Oct 22 2003, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

homie, your'e thinkin of RIDE ROCKETS. u cant turn off any accumulator. if u have an accumulator, youre lookin at a smooth ride not back bumper action.[/b][/quote]
um, yes you can turn off accumulators...
just need the correct valving..

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 22 2003, 07:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 22 2003, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 08:08 PM

homie, your'e thinkin of RIDE ROCKETS. u cant turn off any accumulator. if u have an accumulator, youre lookin at a smooth ride not back bumper action.
yOU OBVIOULSY DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN GET 4 REGULAR ACCUMLATORS AND PUT IN A SLOWDOWN VALVE AND BAM THE ACCUMLATOR IS SHUT OFF NOW U CAN INCREASE YOUR PERFORMANCE IN HOPPING.....

I AGREE WITH CRUZ IF U DON'T CARE ABOUT RIDE QUALITY THENN DON'T INSTALL IT[/b][/quote]
can you please explain to me what a slowdown valve has to do with an accumulator??? that is most definitelt not the way to do it right... with a blocker dump, you can block off an accumulator.

look juiced... you are the one who doesn't know, so just keep your retarded comments to yourself. It's hard enough to get a straight answer anyway, you don't help with your "I heard" this or that...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 22 2003, 08:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 22 2003, 08:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

YOU OBVIOULSY DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN GET 4 REGULAR ACCUMLATORS AND PUT IN A SLOWDOWN VALVE AND BAM THE ACCUMLATOR IS SHUT OFF/ON BY TURNING THE HANDLE CLOCKWISE AND COUNTERCLOSE WISE NOW U CAN INCREASE YOUR PERFORMANCE IN HOPPING.....

HEY I'VE BEEN STUDYING SO MAYBE U SHOULD STUDY MORE ABOUT HYDRAULIC BEFORE U CAN CORRECT ME THANK YOU

I AGREE WITH CRUZ IF U DON'T CARE ABOUT RIDE QUALITY THENN DON'T INSTALL IT :angry:[/b][/quote]
:uh: u have to ADD to it. my fault for not being specific, i guess. RIDE ROCKETS u dont need to ADD anything, but like u mentioned u need to ADD to a regular accumulator? i havent heard of that u got me on that one maybe but i DO know wut im talkin about :biggrin: and if i recall correctly ur not supposed to be hopping with accumulators anyway cuz u can BUST em. or maybe im wrong again?? :dunno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Oct 22 2003, 08:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Oct 22 2003, 08:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 07:11 PM

yOU OBVIOULSY DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN GET 4 REGULAR ACCUMLATORS AND PUT IN A SLOWDOWN VALVE AND BAM THE ACCUMLATOR IS SHUT OFF NOW U CAN INCREASE YOUR PERFORMANCE IN HOPPING.....

I AGREE WITH CRUZ IF U DON'T CARE ABOUT RIDE QUALITY THENN DON'T INSTALL IT
can you please explain to me what a slowdown valve has to do with an accumulator??? that is most definitelt not the way to do it right... with a blocker dump, you can block off an accumulator.

look juiced... you are the one who doesn't know, so just keep your retarded comments to yourself. It's hard enough to get a straight answer anyway, you don't help with your "I heard" this or that...[/b][/quote]
A slow down is to turn off/on the accumlator

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 22 2003, 07:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 22 2003, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 08:14 PM

look juiced... you are the one who doesn't know, so just keep your retarded comments to yourself. It's hard enough to get a straight answer anyway, you don't help with your "I heard" this or that...
A slow down is to turn off/on the accumlator[/b][/quote]
:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller+Oct 22 2003, 08:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (857baller @ Oct 22 2003, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

A slow down is to turn off/on the accumlator[/b][/quote]
He knows what he's talkin about. he was head judge for Go/Lo ;)

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Oct 22 2003, 07:20 PM
so i still need a anwser
a lot depends on how the accumulator is running to the front, it may have to "load" before it starts doing good. I know that the pump that we showed with the accumulator works pretty well... he hits it up, dumps it quick and hits it again and the front launches... but as far as continuous hopping, well, thats a different story. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by SinCityRoller+Oct 22 2003, 07:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SinCityRoller @ Oct 22 2003, 07:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2003, 08:20 PM

A slow down is to turn off/on the accumlator
He knows what he's talkin about. he was head judge for Go/Lo ;)[/b][/quote]
that's not the issue, it's my experience that makes me know what I'm doing.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller@Oct 22 2003, 07:26 PM
read what the second digram description say

http://www.layitlow.com/tech/oilflow_accum...umulators.shtml
I think it is you that should read... it says "shut off valve" now slowdown valve... it's totally different.

Just sit there and learn, don't add your comments.

Oh, by the way, I talked to TND Customs today... they didn't sell you a kit and they also most definitely DID NOT tell you that it would be 6 weeks... So stop the bullshit, I could ship a set-up around the world a couple times in 6 weeks... it's more like 5 or 6 days. Stop talking like you know, because we all know who you are and that you know NOTHING!!! Do I need to dig up one of your old, really stupid questions???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts