LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a bare frame for a lincoln towncar sitting at my house and i wanna get rid of it. it will fit the box style tc's 89 and older, and i think some of the older marks. its a really clean frame its from vegas and it has never been cut. its been sitting here all summer and i wanna get rid of it. it was purchased for the newer style tc's but we found out that while the front and rear sections are the exact same the middle sections are longer on the newer ones so we couldnt use it. then i was gonna wrap it for another guys car but i havent talked to him in a little while so i wanna get rid of it. just wondering if anyone needs one or is interested? i can also wrap it if some one wanted a wrapped one. i can deliever it also to a certain extent

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by chaddyb@Sep 23 2003, 10:57 PM
ive got a bare frame for a lincoln towncar sitting at my house and i wanna get rid of it. it will fit the box style tc's 89 and older, and i think some of the older marks. its a really clean frame its from vegas and it has never been cut. its been sitting here all summer and i wanna get rid of it. it was purchased for the newer style tc's but we found out that while the front and rear sections are the exact same the middle sections are longer on the newer ones so we couldnt use it. then i was gonna wrap it for another guys car but i havent talked to him in a little while so i wanna get rid of it. just wondering if anyone needs one or is interested? i can also wrap it if some one wanted a wrapped one. i can deliever it also to a certain extent
that's a two door frame... they are different than the four door frames. There's about a 3" difference in the middle of the frame.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh... ok that makes sense, ron or jason thought it would work on the four doors so they got it for me but it was about 3 in difference like you said, so i figured it worked on the older ones but i never really checked one out cuase i dont have one. so thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by chaddyb@Sep 24 2003, 09:30 AM
ahhh... ok that makes sense, ron or jason thought it would work on the four doors so they got it for me but it was about 3 in difference like you said, so i figured it worked on the older ones but i never really checked one out cuase i dont have one. so thanks for the info
yeah, I know... I remember the car that it came off of... I didn't even know about the difference then. I asked someone who built a few Lincolns and he told me about the difference.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i figured its gonna be a pain in the ass, i might as well just cut the center section out and put an new piece of tubing in there to make it fit a 4 door

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
TTT, sure he still has it :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts