LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o ive seen plenty of posts bout people loosing their wires. im thinking about gettin 14's for by 67 buick. but am wondering....when you loose your rim, while your driving freeway or whereever, does your car stairght up hit the ground and fuck up your frame and suspension? i know there has to be some damage, but am curious to know the extent of it. anyone got any stories?? any stories??? im interested to know. orale

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
You will not lose a rim if it's installed properly. Make sure the adapters are tightened down, and tighten the knockoffs TOWARD THE REAR OF THE CAR. That's it. Set it and forget it. I drive my cars with knockoffs on the highway 250 miles to Boston and back on the weekends and I don't have any problems. :cool:

Oh yeah, and since you're asking about rims, don't forget to use anti-sieze on the knockoff threads, or else they will definitely never come off, even if you want them to. ;)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
To answer you question about damage, though, if you do lose a rim, more than likely your fender/quarter will be banged up, your brake rotor/drum will be chewed up, and whatever drags, if anything other than the rotor/drum, be it the frame, bumper, or whatever, will be pretty scraped up too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
badass94cad,

very good answers. Good info...thx.

Its nice to see us lookin after each other rather than hattin. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, thanks alot for the reply ;)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
If your doing under 40, it just jerks to the side hard and the rims wont come completly off. Makes a loud grinding sound and might kill the adapter/hub.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
don't used cheap lug nuts either.... they will strip out every stud and there goes your wheel....adaper and all....

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I remember the first time my wheel fell off :biggrin: haha I was new to knock offs and didn't install the rim right (wasn't sitting properly, teeth waren't lined up) drop the car took it for test run and I knew something wasn't right right off the bat wheel was squeeking and before I knew it spinner went flying off and off came the wheel :biggrin: Luckily I was still on my street and was driving slow but that shit is funny thinking back on it :biggrin:

Point of story line that shit up and check/tighten your the spinner once in a while.

·
Throws away monies....
8,565 Posts
i let a homie borrow my d's once for a show. he had a 80sumthin caprice and we were flyin down 45 and the car started shakin real bad and the left front wheel came completely off. i was in the back seat and looked out the side window and saw it bounce over the grass median, once in the middle of the feeder road and into a small patch of woods. all i thought to myself was 'oh shit'. we found, no damage the wheel. fuckd up his brake rotor pretty good though, and dented the shit out of the lower part of the fender.

scary shit though, doin about 65 on the freeway......talk about a scrape plate without the juice :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts