LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the " Cool Ride" air bag kit from Air Ride Technologies. The kit works great except the rise and dump is way to slow. Is anyone running Firestone bags with 3/8 npt and have a fast rise and dump. Here is how my setup is now....

66 Super Sport

So I need some input from guys who have fast bags. What setups are you running? Thanks......

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
that's the fastest it goes? who installed it? what psi u have it at?

i'm running everything 5/8'' w/ nitrogen and car jumps foot off ground 1 hit at like 200 psi...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Da Frog. That was with a 3 gallon tank. I have a 12 gallon now. The 12 gallon is quicker but limited by my slow valves and 1/4 line. I installed everthing my self. Install is as good as it gets. I just did not do enough research before I purchased my setup. What I need to find out is what valves will give my the best flow. I am only running 150 max psi. I need to find out if my Firestone bags can handle more.

And suggestions on 1/2 vavles.... With 200 psi, 1/2 lines and faster valves I should be close to what I want......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So give me some input on what type of bags, valves, psi and line size you guys are running to get fast rise and dump? Again, I have Firestone single port bags with 1/4 air line. I am thinking just switch to 1/2 line and a really good fast 1/2 valve setup. With my 12 gallon tank and 200 psi , that should do it?

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
i have a 5 gallon tank running 5/8'' lines and valves the bags have 3/8'' ports but to top it off i have a 50lb tank on nitrogen...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts