LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FAM. I am almost convinced to go with bags for my '64. What are the fastest bags to get. I want "Hydro" like performance.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you want fast performance but still wanna stay on a budget I would go any bigger then 1/2" valves all around. Cus I've got 1/2" valves and my shit lifts faster then a lot of hydraulics ive seen. And my van aint light either with all the stereo equipment and 3/4"MDF all over the place.

·
Registered
363 Posts
yeah get 1/2 '' valves and put nitrogine in the back and u will be hitting the bumper like no tomorrow, i saw a ford ranger with bags and 4 nitrogine tankes in the back hop higher then tonys wangon from the poptart comercial. all u need is a deciient size nitrogine tank for ur trunk, bolt it in and then hit switches and get the ladies!

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
does it fuck up the frame..im new to this??? and where can u get nitrogen tanks at??? im wanting to bag my 93 grand am but im getting shafted and noones helping me out

·
Registered
363 Posts
it wont fuck it up is u like reinforce main parts of the frame if u hop it but i dont need to reinforce it if u just pancake up and down or front up and back down or back up and front down but i dont know exactly where to get nitrogine i will get back to u on that one. i dont evan own a car i just knwoall this shit cause i am a fast elarner from my buddies and their rides!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by ride4life@Oct 16 2003, 01:53 AM
does it fuck up the frame..im new to this??? and where can u get nitrogen tanks at??? im wanting to bag my 93 grand am but im getting shafted and noones helping me out
any welding supply place or gas place will sellem or rent them out, i personally use scuba tanks and its like 30 times cheaper, trust me, done the math

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by ride4life@Oct 15 2003, 05:53 PM
does it fuck up the frame..im new to this??? and where can u get nitrogen tanks at???  im wanting to bag my 93 grand am but im getting shafted and noones helping me out
You do have to worry about bending/breaking things if your going to be hopping or dancing your car with a lot of pressure... even with full size American vehicles; trust me damage can be done.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
thanx bro im going to have to look to that...but does any of u guys now how or what i can use to bag my grand am its a 93

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch+Oct 16 2003, 08:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Envious Touch @ Oct 16 2003, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ride4life@Oct 15 2003, 05:53 PM
does it fuck up the frame..im new to this??? and where can u get nitrogen tanks at???  im wanting to bag my 93 grand am but im getting shafted and noones helping me out
You do have to worry about bending/breaking things if your going to be hopping or dancing your car with a lot of pressure... even with full size American vehicles; trust me damage can be done.[/b][/quote]
hey bro where in whitter are you from

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by ride4life@Oct 18 2003, 07:57 PM
thanx bro im going to have to look to that...but does any of u guys now how or what i can use to bag my grand am its a 93
Hey, I used to have an '89 GA bagged that layed body and hopped 6" in the rear... i used a 9-gallon tank, 1- 3/4 horse blowjax (it filled a little slow, i'd recommend 2), 1/2" lines and 3/8" valves. I ran Firestone bags in the rear and firestone strutbags up front. I only ran 120 psi and that was enough to get my rear wheels off with 2 taps of the switch... :cool:

EDIT: you're gunna have to notch out the rear to get it to lay out. (i know what you're thinking... notch a unibody???) but it's true. A shop up in bay city, MI did the notch and got the front to lay out for me. Barely Legal Customs. The number is 989 225-LOW1. Call em up... they'll hook it up for sure!

Last edited by NeverFinished96 at Oct 20 2003, 01:40 PM

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Oct 19 2003, 06:37 PM
i'm sorry bro i was asking enviouse touch cuz we are practically neighbors i'm in whittier too
joebomber52,

Whats up neighbor, we're located in Whittier, our address in listed in my signature but here it is again:

Envious Touch Auto Customizing
15836 Lambert Rd. Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 244-6203

Hours: Mon-Fri: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Saturday-by appointment only

www.envioustouch.com

P.S. Coincidentally I'm working on a 1951 Chevy Convertible...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts