LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car in October of last year....A car i've been wanting for the longest. The previous owner who was my Uncle Memo (r.i.p.) who had it for about 20 years. He was in a car club called "The Midnighters" in Douglas, Az. This car was always in my thoughts..constantly begging him to sell it to me, when i was younger. Though he would always say "NO" I knew one day it would be mine. He would always come to Tucson..and i would be the first he would ask "let's go cruising mikey" and i was always there...sitting passenger. Listening to Proper dos "sumthing to bump"
In 2004 my uncle passed away. Leaving his car still untouched and still broken. The tranny went out a few years before he died. The mechanic had it forever and never touched it. His daughter picked it up and moved it to my nana's house. She was in need of money...so 1000 bucks later and the car was finally in my name!!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally brought the car home in may...
it was a hot rod before with a 283 and a powerglide transmission. Not really my style of my car but i knew what i wanted to do with it

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had a scoop...fat tires in the back little ones in the front. major body work was needed. and the interior was in ok shape

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After working on my car..

me and my dad decided to put some work into the 67.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

URL=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n318/julyssa090603/pic20.jpg]
[/URL

this when me and my dad started the work.
the fenders came off..then the front end.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me just say...i used about 4 cans of wd40. the bolts were so rusted on there..i must got about 20 bruises on my hands. but at the end everything was out.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally this passed saturday the day came to take the motor out and see what we had.

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Originally posted by ch3cy67@Oct 15 2007, 11:56 AM~9005521
Let me just say...i used about 4 cans of wd40. the bolts were so rusted on there..i must got about 20 bruises on my hands. but at the end everything was out.

PB BLASTER wooda werked better

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres the motor sitting..
finally the motor is out...

it's empty...waiting for the new 283 to come in.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to my jefito for putting up with my impatience. Thanks to my tio beto for the cherry picker to take this motor out. i sent out the bumper brackets to get chromed.

got lots of plans for this car. may take some time and money but i got dedication to make this one of the nicest cars in the southwest.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by rd62rdstr@Oct 15 2007, 11:54 AM~9005489
Looking forward to seeing it at the park.
It'll be a while but it'll be out there with the rest of the clean rides of tucson.

·
Registered
34,340 Posts
bigger pics if possible homie ;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by ch3cy67@Oct 15 2007, 02:06 PM~9005616
Thanks to my jefito for putting up with my impatience. Thanks to my tio beto for the cherry picker to take this motor out. i sent out the bumper brackets to get chromed.

got lots of plans for this car. may take some time and money but i got dedication to make this one of the nicest cars in the southwest.

:cool:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally posted by Wog Boy@Oct 16 2007, 02:59 AM~9012074
good luck
x2 looking good, stay up and working hard nice to see a family thing going on.post more pic :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts