LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got 14/7 wires put on my 85 regal and i'm getting "some" tire rub on my front wheels when i hit some bumps (even at slow speeds) i have 185/75/r14s on there. is there any thing i can do to stop this and will this tear up the tires quickly. its a daily.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, chaging thr tires solve my problems.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
that would be correct.......a 175 is a narrower tire than the 185 so it will tuck up in there better....

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude at the tire place talked me into the those to. to bad i cant return them.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
yes cuz people at tire places tell you to put on what they feel is safe and won't get there ass in trouble.........

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
175/70/14's are hard to find in cincy. call don at choice tire in northside.... thats where we got cincycaddy's tires

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
yeah i had the same things on my 78 regal, hit a bump and the tire would rub, so on my 85 regal, i ran 13s(in the summer), now its winter, and my car is sitting on stocks :uh:

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now i'm kind of stuck on what to do. i paid $260 for thw tires, so i don,t have the extra cash to turn around and buy news. but i dont want to take my wheels off either. i guess i'll probly end up rollin with them at least till the first snow hits then i'll roll stock over the winter. and maybe get some new tires then,

also dude a the tire store was telling me about some spring stiffeners that could solve my problem. anyone know about them

buy the waay heres the car......

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by regalistic+Oct 28 2003, 09:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (regalistic @ Oct 28 2003, 09:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RobLBC@Oct 28 2003, 09:24 PM
You can buy these and the will give you some lift and stop the rubbing.

And you can buy them at this link:
http://jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...1&storeId=10101
i think that might work perfect[/b][/quote]
those things suck man, just buy new springs,LOL ;)

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
you can pick the spring spacers up at pep boys or auto zone if you dont want to order them, usually they are in stock

if your tires are still brand new you could talk to don (owner) at Choice Tire about a trade in on some 175/70's if they are good enough im sure he will knock some off the new ones. they are on spring grove in northside but talk deals with him only as he will work you the best deal :)

Last edited by hydraulicmike at Oct 29 2003, 03:33 PM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts