LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i think ive firugured it out, the whole part comes out where it protrudes into the block? and the outside is steel, thats why its called a steel seal? and the biggest question of all, i NEED ONE! showtime wont sell me one cause it aint more than 50 bucks, will anywhere just sell me a seal?

thanks

barrett

ps, how do i get this thing out, it seem locktite in there, just stick it in a vice and twist out, and then tap in new seal?

thanks

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
get the old one out and if you got a napa auto parts or something ...(esp old auto parts guys will know how to look up the seal ...bonus if you can read the old part number ...

napa here has them cheap like five bucks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one mroe question! ok so i was told to use a threadlock on the steel seal/pump head side, should i seal it with anything on the steel seal to block side?

thanks.

barrett

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by painly@Sep 2 2005, 10:12 AM~3738818
one mroe question!  ok so i was told to use a threadlock on the steel seal/pump head side, should i seal it with anything on the steel seal to block side? 

thanks.

barrett

WHat's up?

You can but I havn't had any problems when I didn't use anything...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by painly@Aug 31 2005, 11:36 PM~3730933
first off i think ive firugured it out, the whole part comes out where it protrudes into the block? and the outside is steel, thats why its called a steel seal?  and the biggest question of all, i NEED ONE!  showtime wont sell me one cause it aint more than 50 bucks, will anywhere just sell me a seal?

thanks

barrett

ps, how do i get this thing out, it seem locktite in there, just stick it in a vice and twist out, and then tap in new seal?

thanks
what u saying u have to order $50 min. from showtime if thats the case :uh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Fenner Stone,

I'm almost sure I have what you're looking for. If It's the steel blocks that sandwich between the pump-motor, and the oil sump? Are you talking about the seal that is around the steel-block? If so then I have two steel-blocks w\seals in good condition.

You can email me back at "[email protected]"

·
Registered
889 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Sep 1 2005, 12:30 AM~3731638
fuck showtime...i'll sell you one.....8.00 and i'll ship it for free :biggrin:
YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF SIX FOUR ENTERTAINMENT VIDEO WHEN THAT BIG GUY FROM HOPPOS SAID "FUCK BLVD"THAT WAS SOME FUNNY SHIT!!!

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
is it a oil seal...or is it the kind with the o rings...if its the oil seal kind bearing places sell them..if u took the the whole head to them they could even put it in for u

·
Registered
49 Posts
all of the o rings can be found at a store that sell seals and machine parts 4 tractors and at half the price. poly packs here are 2.00 a seal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts