LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front pump was faster than back pump. So I interchanged pumpheads and found back pumphead is bad. Is there a way to rebuild a fenner style pump head. I took pumphead apart,but dont know what to look for that could be wrong. Gears, seals,and overall look ok. What else could be wrong with pump head and is there any way to tell what is wrong with it by looking? Any comments appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also ,is there a torque spec for the two bolts that hold pump head onto the block?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by vegashopper@Oct 11 2003, 08:31 PM
Fenners wear out and just stop building pressure. Honestly, just buy a new gear.
Hey ,thanks alot Vegashopper, waited 24hrs for a reply. You made my day and y es i do have one on the way.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 13 2003, 08:08 AM
fenners never wear out
ummm... o.k. so you're telling me that the metal is some kind of miracle material that doesn't wear at all.

What happens is that as the gear gets older and starts to WEAR, it begins leaking inside of itself (worse than it normally does). The tolerances between the teeth of the gears starts allowing the fluid to escape not allowing pressure to build. No matter what pumphead you have, it WILL eventually wear out.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Oct 13 2003, 08:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Oct 13 2003, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pumpsndumps@Oct 13 2003, 10:42 AM
no internal seals what so ever. some have one o-ring on the back where it would mount to the block though.
So you can not blow seals :0 like in marzzochis :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
no, but if you have any kind of power to them, when you overlock one it breaks...

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Oct 13 2003, 08:49 AM
Cause my cousin just got switches and has marzzochis and he is always blowing the seals. :angry:
my first suggestion is to drop the power down, then tell him to stop holding the switch so long. overlocking is not good for the seals.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 13 2003, 08:44 AM
i have also seen them with the heart seals on the pressure plate like the marzzochis
Fenners never had the heart shaped seals in them. You must be confused with what someone told you was a fenner. Also, if you think fenners never leak, then why does this guy have a problem with his?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps+Oct 13 2003, 09:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dumps @ Oct 13 2003, 09:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Oct 13 2003, 08:44 AM
i have also seen them with the heart seals on the pressure plate like the marzzochis
Fenners never had the heart shaped seals in them. You must be confused with what someone told you was a fenner. Also, if you think fenners never leak, then why does this guy have a problem with his?[/b][/quote]
yess.. it even had a back plate on it that said fenner all over it witha big f ingraved in it... :) it was a fenner so do insult me..

1 - 20 of 72 Posts