LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 267 in one of my cars right now, the motor is in desperate need of a rebuild/swap, so im figuring that i should just get something bigger (if the price is right)

so, my question is, what would be needed to convert a (tbi?) 350 to carb, granted that i have parts from another sbc at my disposal..

same question, but applying to a 305.. what would i need, or could i swap parts from my current sbc to convert the engine to carb........

thanks..

eazy

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Sep 19 2005, 09:41 PM~3846602
i have a 267 in one of my cars right now, the motor is in desperate need of a rebuild/swap, so im figuring that i should just get something bigger (if the price is right)
so, my question is, what would be needed to convert a (tbi?) 350 to carb, granted that i have parts from another sbc at my disposal..

same question, but applying to a 305.. what would i need, or could i swap parts from my current sbc to convert the engine to carb........

thanks..

eazy
Going FROM FI to carb is easy, especially a TBI. Just swap intake mainfolds and put a carb on for the air/fuel. You may have to get an intake that has the inner 4 intake bolt holes slotted so that it can bolt to the FI style heads. This is easy though, you can even drill out a carbed one if you wanted.

As far as spark is considered, swap out the electronic advance distributor for an older 76-82 style HEI vacuum advance distributor. Then you can just hook up the vacuum to control the advance of the spark and totally eliminate any need for a computer. Nothing else I can think of off hand......

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sounds easy enough..... thanks... ill be asking more questions as soon as i get started...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
you need to get a mechanical fuel pump

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what im wondering, can i take the stuff off of a (267) sbc????

im thinking, they're all small blocks, most of the stuff should fit...(intake?, fuel pump....)

to clear it up a little more, the car was an original carb car, so im not converting everything, just the replacement engine...

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Sep 20 2005, 05:18 PM~3852306
you need to get a mechanical fuel pump
yeah i forgot about that

and don't forget the pump pushrod

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can i use the pump from the old sbc???

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by pink63impala@Sep 23 2005, 10:24 PM~3875174
geta new one. theyre like 9.99$,youll need some fuel line too :biggrin:
oh, i know that, just checking if there were diff sizes for each small block.....

didnt really matter, im not in a rush, just wondering

1 - 9 of 9 Posts