LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok we all know i fucked up when i built my box. i tried the spray foam it helped a little to take up space. can i staple fabric onthe inside int he corners and stretch it then cover it with fiberglass reason to take up more space? ripping this box out is a last resort. Plus i want diff subs later on that will probably be able to use the real space of the enclosure

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
yeah you can...but dont take out too much space

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Aug 19 2006, 02:22 PM~6000962
i would just put some wood in there. put up a fake "wall" inside the box and screw it in.

This would be better bacause it will be way easier to calculate the cu. ft. you have to take out and how much is left.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by superdodge2196@Aug 20 2006, 02:58 AM~6003793
just build a new box.  your method would work, but it isn't pracitcal at all.  it would take less time and money to just build a new one. :thumbsup:
how would it take less time and money to remove the existing box, find somewhere to put it (or cut it up and throw it out), getting wood, taking more measurements, getting more materials, cutting, assembling, wrapping, getting the new box in the hearse, etc compared to just cutting a piece of wood, and shoving it in the box, screw it down and silicone the seams???

not tryna beef with you, but i dont understand your logics in the least bit..

edited:

ah, realized you were talkin about hearse balls's idea, not 1ofaknd's... i still think 1ofaknd's idea is the better of the 3 by far (i've done it with my first couple of enclosures and works find)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Aug 24 2006, 09:51 PM~6037173
throw sum cotton shit in there to take up sum space :dunno: then if u need more space later on, just take it out
your not talkin about poly fill right? you know that poly fill is used is to trick the sub into thinking its in a larger enclosure...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
uhhhh, i dunno wat im talkin about i guess. i built a box too big so i filled it wit sum cotton and i could tell by the differnce in sound that it made it smaller...i think

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
that box is a clusterfuck....

take the time to make a new one mang...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts